Everything posted by Oldbird
-
Highlands 2 Notre Dame Academy 1
That score is wrong. Don't know what I was thinking it should be 2-1 Highlands. Can someone correct it. My bad.
-
Highlands 2 Notre Dame Academy 1
After years of NDA dominating, Highlands wins their second consecutive regional title. Congrats Birds.
-
Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?
If you want objectivity and quality perspective, "parents of players" is the place to start :banghead:
-
Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?
Order is restored. We still agree. :lol:
-
Is it time for Bob Beatty to leave Trinity?
I almost never disagree with you Deuce, but I disagree with this. There comes a time for every legendary coach to hang it up. Only problem, sometimes the legendary coach doesn't realize it is time. I don't know if that time has arrived for Beatty, but it comes for everyone at some point.
-
Let's talk about the Highlands Football State of The Union
Not correct. Hoge played some QB his junior year too.
-
5A #5 Highlands vs. #10 Conner ***Upset Alert***
They are playing My Old Kentucky Home, the UK fight song, and the National Anthem before the game. They are marching at half time.
-
Christian Academy 1 Sacred Heart 0
Any details on this one?
-
New NKU coach son, Walker Horn.
Darin did not grow up Catholic. I do not know if his wife is or not. His nephew graduates from Lexington Christian this year if that gives you any insight. I would think Beechwood, but that is just a guess.
-
2019 Pannell Swim Shop/KHSAA State Swimming & Diving Championships begin Thursday
I said St. X and Sacred Heart were the only ones who might have done this. None of Sacred Hearts relay victories were close. Swimming alternates in prelims was probably more a factor of letting some kids involved than it was about resting athletes. They would have won no matter who swam prelims. With that said, the format did not benefit kids doing the 200 / 500 free combos of events.
-
2019 Pannell Swim Shop/KHSAA State Swimming & Diving Championships begin Thursday
I agree with you the format stinks and I have no idea what it accomplished. I will disagree that the teams swam alternates during prelims. Maybe St. X and Sacred Heart, but I doubt anyone else did.
-
Highlands Boys Region 7 Swim Champs For Second Straight Year over Cov. Cath.
Margin of victory between first and second this year was 135 points, which is almost identical to the margin last year.
-
Hoptown loses Region Championship on Controversial DQ
For the record, swim officials are in significant numbers made up of parents. You don't have to stretch your imagination too far to see the issues.
-
Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61
Same year 2010. Highlands had a nice team that year, but injuries killed them. That was the year of Lother, Grote, Kowolonek, Watson, Dill, Grubbs, and Smith-Keller as seniors and Jack Stewart and Pat Crowley as juniors.
-
Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61
NCC isn't that young. They are a junior dominant team with their top 3 players all being juniors. They get some contribution from the two frosh, but those two are certainly not key contributors.
-
Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61
Again if you only focused on the defense being applied to Sisson, your conclusion should be that Salter, Mullikin, or anyone else trying to defend the kid got their moneys worth in fouls committed.
-
Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61
If you believe that, then you weren't focused on the defense being applied to Sisson in the post.
-
Highlands 70 Newport Central Catholic 61
G. Mike says the last time was January 2010. So..... a loooong time. This is obvious, but Highlands has really improved. They have gone from dropping district games against Bellevue to competing with the better teams in the region.
-
KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
Just out of curiosity where would that put Beechwood?
-
KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
I will echo what everyone else is saying. Perfectly said.
-
KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
I still can't think of Tackett, without thinking of him tagging himself as the "adult in the room". Makes me laugh every single time.
-
KHSAA Board Of Control Votes In New Football Playoff Format
No one should get too worked up. Whatever they decide, history says they will change it again in the near future.
-
Highlands 62 Brossart 26
Beating Brossart (or NCC) by as many as you can is really no big deal; however, I don't think you should run up the score on just anyone. :jump:
-
Open Job: Boone County
Was Warner fired at Ryle or did he resign. I honestly don't recall how it ended.
-
Covington Catholic 57 Newport 40
I was agreeing with you. I didn't mean for that to be taken any other way. Just amazed at how little they even tried to run.