New NKU coach son, Walker Horn.

The new NKU coach, Darrin Horn, has a son going to be in the 10th grade named Walker Horn. Darrin played HS for Tate’s Creek and college ball for Western Kentucky. Don’t know much about his son but this video of him scoring 41 points in 8th grade, he looks pretty darn good... will be interesting to see if he goes to a NKY school or if he chooses to go across the river.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Cath has had success as has Cov Cath. I really don't see why he would want to go across the river unless the family enjoys car rides and traffic.

They would have to choose to live in Ohio if they want the son to play ball in Ohio. Non residents can go to school in Ohio, but aren’t permitted to play sports.

Five schools in Northern Kentucky have made a State Final Four trip or better the past four years. Covington Catholic, Newport Central Catholic, Scott, Cooper, Campbell County. What part of the area will they choose to live?

Where they live and what school he attends are two different questions. He can go to whatever school he wants regardless of where they choose to live. Is he Catholic? That is probably the more important question if we are trying to narrow down schools.

Where do most affluent people live in NKY, and does that area have a good school to attend? It may also depend on the importance of academics within the family.

Beechwood and Highlands are ranked as 2 of the top 5 schools in KY. Cov Cath has improved a lot over the past 15 or so years and is really good academically.

There are a lot of high level neighborhoods across N. Ky. Too many good neighborhoods with expensive homes to say it has to be these 1 or 2 communities. It will come down to their personal preference.

Where they live and what school he attends are two different questions. He can go to whatever school he wants regardless of where they choose to live. Is he Catholic? That is probably the more important question if we are trying to narrow down schools.

Darin did not grow up Catholic. I do not know if his wife is or not. His nephew graduates from Lexington Christian this year if that gives you any insight. I would think Beechwood, but that is just a guess.

Edited by theguru
Rule 10

Darin did not grow up Catholic. I do not know if his wife is or not. His nephew graduates from Lexington Christian this year if that gives you any insight. I would think Beechwood, but that is just a guess.

If we say non Catholic and look at current state of basketball programs, Beechwood is a good guess. Beechwood has a lot of talent and very good momentum in the program.

I wouldn't count out Cooper. They seem to be drawing a lot of talent from all around N. Ky. despite the supposed Boone Co. schools district restrictions.

If we say non Catholic and look at current state of basketball programs, Beechwood is a good guess. Beechwood has a lot of talent and very good momentum in the program.

I wouldn't count out Cooper. They seem to be drawing a lot of talent from all around N. Ky. despite the supposed Boone Co. schools district restrictions.

Do you mean that there are a lot of non Boone students at Cooper?

Darin did not grow up Catholic. I do not know if his wife is or not. His nephew graduates from Lexington Christian this year if that gives you any insight. I would bet on Beechwood, but that is just a guess.

I think that any NKY Catholic school would welcome him, regardless of religion.

Do you mean that there are a lot of non Boone students at Cooper?

Many of their top players over the past few years came from schools that aren't Cooper feeders. Let me be clear - I have no problem with that. But, Boone Co. Schools says they have strict district rules and there seem to be a lot of "exceptions".

Many of their top players over the past few years came from schools that aren't Cooper feeders. Let me be clear - I have no problem with that. But, Boone Co. Schools says they have strict district rules and there seem to be a lot of "exceptions".

It is my understanding that if a parent or guardian is employed by Boone County Schools, then their child can go to any Boone County School. I don’t know all the details of the rule, but I know it’s a thing.