New NKU coach son, Walker Horn.

I hear you.

In the past I have also heard the football powers that be at Beechwood discouraged football players from playing other sports.

Since we are on the topic, at least in the past, CovCath was notorious for discouraging kids from playing more than one sport.

This is why anyone moving into this area looking for the best opportunity for their son or daughter needs to talk to some people in the know and NOT people with an agenda or anti-agenda for any one school.

I know for a fact this is no longer the case.

I agree with nees1212. As long as I have been affiliated with Beechwood, I have never heard of the football program discouraging players from playing the other sports. In my experience it is actually the opposite. I have heard coaches often say that in a small school everyone has to share the talent. There are always football players playing other sports. The Beechwood football team has quite a few key players who became college baseball players over the past few years, including a good number getting D1 baseball scholarships. There are football players on the basketball team. Football coaches have encouraged players to run track. For someone who wants to play more than one sport, Beechwood is one of the best opportunities around.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Success breeds success. Highlands’ football program, though not quite what it used to be, is another example of this. Anyway, I’m sure his parents made their choice based on what’s best for their son athletically and academically. And being a two-time Blue Ribbon school doesn’t hurt, either. As far as I know, it’s the only school in NKY to get this award twice. Possibly the entire state.

Success breeds success. Highlands’ football program, though not quite what it used to be, is another example of this. Anyway, I’m sure his parents made their choice based on what’s best for their son athletically and academically. And being a two-time Blue Ribbon school doesn’t hurt, either. As far as I know, it’s the only school in NKY to get this award twice. Possibly the entire state.

I think Villa Madonna has also won multiple Blue Ribbon awards.

I saw Cov Cath has the Starks kid from Anderson, Oh Area also.

Correct. Chandler Starks is Keith Starks' son and will be a freshman at CCH next year. Not a huge surprise here since Keith and Coach Fredrick have been friends since their childhood basketball days.

Rayvon Griffith decided on Hughes in Cincy instead of CCH.