Since Healthcare Costs Are A Concern for the Military...

I'm not an expert in either.

These excuses don't really hold water.

Honestly, how long is this soldier going to be away from their unit to bust up that cohesive unit?

So what do you think the real reason is? Trump thinks transgender folks are screwed up, he does not care for them and thinks it is morally wrong so he does not want them to be able to serve?

He is not politically correct if he says that so he is doing what every politician does. Spin the message.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do they have an issue serving with those who suffer from depression or PTSD?

Yes, I would, simply because when you need them the most is the time when they will very possibly and quite probably react the worst. And that's not a slam on them, that's just what their condition leads to. And yes, I served, check out my avatar for my unit.

While it doesn't make them "bad people", transgender people, IMO, have mental issues and are very confused about their life, much more so than most. I personally no more want to be in a fox hole next to a guy whose primary focus in life is to cut his wang off and go from Joe to Jen and start hormone therapy, than I do someone taking anti depression drugs because they want to kill themselves. If that answer is blunt...well:idunno:

I'm sure there are limitations but most in military get 30 vacation days a year, which would enable these soldiers to recover from any surgery.

All of these excuses sound like little HR matters.

In one article I read, it said it would take year to recover from this type of surgery. Sorry, do not remember which of several articles I read,

Yes, I would, simply because when you need them the most is the time when they will very possibly and quite probably react the worst. And that's not a slam on them, that's just what their condition leads to. And yes, I served, check out my avatar for my unit.

While it doesn't make them "bad people", transgender people, IMO, have mental issues and are very confused about their life, much more so than most. I personally no more want to be in a fox hole next to a guy whose primary focus in life is to cut his wang off and go from Joe to Jen and start hormone therapy, than I do someone taking anti depression drugs because they want to kill themselves. If that answer is blunt...well:idunno:

Why wouldn't you want that determined on a case-by-case basis by a professional rather than a blanket statement about a group of people?

So what do you think the real reason is? Trump thinks transgender folks are screwed up, he does not care for them and thinks it is morally wrong so he does not want them to be able to serve?

He is not politically correct if he says that so he is doing what every politician does. Spin the message.

Feed the base some "red meat" and throw the media attention off of the "other distractions" his administration is engaged in.

If he really wanted unit cohesion and cost reduction, he would have had an implementing strategy instead of a "tweet storm." As indicated above, Joint Chiefs have said "business as usual until we get a formal order / plan."

I've asked people in the military and former military. I have plenty in my family to choose from. I have yet to find anyone who likes the idea of serving with a transgender.

Ask plenty of military (then and probably now) if they liked the idea of serving with a black person / Jew / white person / gay person / woman, etc. and you would have gotten a lot of "no" votes. The military is the last place where anyone should suggest that "majority rules, even when they're dead wrong." It was wrong with those bans and it is wrong with this ban.

Judgment should be made on force readiness, not gender orientation.

I didn't ask. I don't compare gay people with transgenders. Only one has a mental disorder, imo.

Fine for your opinion, but you should be aware that the PROFESSIONALS in this area are evolving on this topic. "In 2014, the WHO acknowledged that linking transgender people to mental illness is harmful and pledged to remove the link from their next International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD)—but this version isn’t slated for release until sometime in 2017."

Fine for your opinion, but you should be aware that the PROFESSIONALS in this area are evolving on this topic. "In 2014, the WHO acknowledged that linking transgender people to mental illness is harmful and pledged to remove the link from their next International Statistical Classification of Diseases and Related Health Problems (ICD)—but this version isn’t slated for release until sometime in 2017."

I'll stick with my opinion that it is harmful to keep entertaining these delusional thoughts and not address the mental health issues that transgender people have.

What makes Pete Townshend and Roger Daltrey experts?

Sorry, just trying to introduce a little levity.

Why wouldn't you want that determined on a case-by-case basis by a professional rather than a blanket statement about a group of people?

Simply because I think it applies to all who fall into that category. Just like the woman who poured acid in her eyes to go blind because she identified as a blind person. That woman has issues and these people have issues as well. Serious issues.

Just one thing I want to know. Can they defend their country?

Some seem to think not; blanket generalization. None of them are fit to serve. Boot all 7,000 of them out. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. I find that incredibly difficult to believe.

And I do believe that the cost-benefit stuff is nothing more than a big fat red herring.

Evolving. Does that mean they are changing their opinion due to political correction? I'll answer my own question, yes.