Since Healthcare Costs Are A Concern for the Military...

As one of those that the military used prejudice to not allow to serve, I felt it was well said.

And as one who has been there, you will find that most service members, serving in combat roles / units, are not in favor of transgenders serving.

The military is most definitely not a social experiment. The military trains fully qualified, by their standards, average people and asks them to do extraordinary things. I do not care if a guy who served on Seal 6 thinks differently.

Individualism is not welcomed in the military by the membership as an overall whole, that's what makes it work. Added distractions, and I do believe transgenderism to be a complete distraction in this instance, is how people get killed.

I'm a fan of keeping as many of our warfighters alive as possible....if that makes me a (fill in the blank) phobe, then so be it. I like our odds better with less distraction.

And if you haven't served, you will have to somehow explain to me how you can possibly form anything other than a biased opinion about this decision....granted, I do have a bias, but it's from an experiential point of view, not an experimental one.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And as one who has been there, you will find that most service members, serving in combat roles / units, are not in favor of transgenders serving.

The military is most definitely not a social experiment. The military trains fully qualified, by their standards, average people and asks them to do extraordinary things. I do not care if a guy who served on Seal 6 thinks differently.

Individualism is not welcomed in the military by the membership as an overall whole, that's what makes it work. Added distractions, and I do believe transgenderism to be a complete distraction in this instance, is how people get killed.

I'm a fan of keeping as many of our warfighters alive as possible....if that makes me a (fill in the blank) phobe, then so be it. I like our odds better with less distraction.

And if you haven't served, you will have to somehow explain to me how you can possibly form anything other than a biased opinion about this decision....granted, I do have a bias, but it's from an experiential point of view, not an experimental one.

So do you have an issue with gay people serving? Depression? PTSD? Those all seem like distractions in my apparently biased opinion.

Colonel Nathan Jessup couldn't have said it better. :D

I’ve seen quite the opposite on social media – younger military personnel seem to have little issue. In fact I suspect if you had asked ALL military personnel earlier this week (before the tweets ) to list their biggest concerns about the military regarding disruption/cost… little to no one would include transgenders. I would have to think (hope) they have more pressing issues to worry about.

See my response. I think we can disagree and have view points that differ. But don't bring in a moral righteousness to someone whose life has never really revealed said righteousness.

This would stop 99% of the people from speaking. Which is good advice.

So do you have an issue with gay people serving? Depression? PTSD? Those all seem like distractions in my apparently biased opinion.

No issue with homosexuals, very different situation. Depression and PTSD are treatable conditions and likely stem from service related incidents. We have an OBLIGATION to treat these war fighters, and if they cannot return to a state or readiness, as deemed by DOD or particular service, then they are separated.

I’ve seen quite the opposite on social media – younger military personnel seem to have little issue. In fact I suspect if you had asked ALL military personnel earlier this week (before the tweets ) to list their biggest concerns about the military regarding disruption/cost… little to no one would include transgenders. I would have to think (hope) they have more pressing issues to worry about.

Here's your problem.... many in the military refrain from posting their opinions on social media for a number of reasons, not the least of which is you don't go in public and spout off about policy you don't agree with, you just go do what you're told.

No one said it was a "biggest concern", it is however a timely, and relevant concern. To say that "little to no one would" is, I'm sure true, it's a very small percentage of the total war fighting force, however, ask in confidence and off the record of those that are in direct contact and I have no doubt they will tell you what a distraction to the unit transgender issues are.....

When women were allocated into combat units several years ago, it was a distraction. This issue, a distraction.

Distractions get people dead ergo, reduce the total number of distractions, more American live....fairly straightforward.

This would stop 99% of the people from speaking. Which is good advice.

Or it might just limit the conversation to the issues and not to attaching a label of a higher morality than the other. :thumb:

Here's your problem.... many in the military refrain from posting their opinions on social media for a number of reasons, not the least of which is you don't go in public and spout off about policy you don't agree with, you just go do what you're told.

No one said it was a "biggest concern", it is however a timely, and relevant concern. To say that "little to no one would" is, I'm sure true, it's a very small percentage of the total war fighting force, however, ask in confidence and off the record of those that are in direct contact and I have no doubt they will tell you what a distraction to the unit transgender issues are.....

When women were allocated into combat units several years ago, it was a distraction. This issue, a distraction.

Distractions get people dead ergo, reduce the total number of distractions, more American live....fairly straightforward.

Actually, nevermind. God bless America....

Maybe so...but a lot of what Jessup recited is very, very true....

That is the point we often forget about the play/movie. Jessup is the type of warrior needed to stand on that wall. His crime wasn't the code red, it was hanging his guys out to dry for the crime and covering it up.