Kentucky / UCLA (Sweet 16) Predictions

HammerTime

Who wins?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

UCLA was one of the teams I didn't want to see the Cats play in the tourney, the other just happened to be UNC. :lol2:

If the Cats get out of this bracket they'll cut down the nets in Phoenix, but I also think either of the 3 teams (UNC,UCLA,UK) will be the National Champ.

Heart says Cats by 1+, head says Bruins by 7-8.

I am sort of along this wavelength.

This game is where you will see the massive discrepancy at the 4 spot. Hoping Leaf is uncharacteristically cold from the field, but I doubt we see it.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sort of along this wavelength.

This game is where you will see the massive discrepancy at the 4 spot. Hoping Leaf is uncharacteristically cold from the field, but I doubt we see it.

Agree 100% Willis and Gabrielle need to be fantastic. I think Fox, Monk, Hawkins, and Briscoe can contain not stop Ball, Alford, and Holiday and I think Bam will get the best of Welsch. But the 4 spot is what concerns me. Hopefully Willis plays as well Friday night as he did during the SEC tournament, if he does I think Cats pull it out, if not it'll be a tough sledding for them.

FWIW, fivethirtyeight has Kentucky with a 68% chance of victory. Only Kansas has better odds of making the Elite Eight (UNC also has 68%).

Find that suprising, but I'll take it.

I think I saw that Kentucky is a 12/1 favorite to win the whole thing. UCLA is a 14/1 favorite to win it all.

UCLA is -1 from Vegas.

Holiday was the difference maker last time they played. Ball played a poor game, by his standards. But once Holliday got going so did the Bruins.

I remember Leaf being huge for them too. Imperative that Willis has a good game. Don't see Gabriel getting a lot of time in this one.

Kentucky is better than the first time they played.
No doubt about that, but they still seem to allow teams to hang around or get back in the game. Kentucky has the most trouble with teams that can shoot outside and UCLA can definitely do that. I can only hope Ball has an off night.