Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kentucky / UCLA (Sweet 16) Predictions

Who wins? 63 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Kentucky (31-5)
      65%
    • UCLA (31-4)
      34%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I have no numbers to explain my reasoning, nor do I have an expert analysis, but I just simply think UK plays with a chip on their shoulder in this game because of the home loss UCLA gave them in December. Pair that with, in my opinion, this being basically a home game for UK as far as the amount of fans UK will have in the stadium and I am going Cats by 3! Cal can't let Alford continue to have his number in recent years!

  • Replies 144
  • Views 21.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have no numbers to explain my reasoning, nor do I have an expert analysis, but I just simply think UK plays with a chip on their shoulder in this game because of the home loss UCLA gave them in December. Pair that with, in my opinion, this being basically a home game for UK as far as the amount of fans UK will have in the stadium and I am going Cats by 3! Cal can't let Alford continue to have his number in recent years!

 

I know how well KY travels. But I would wager that fans from Cincy and UNC will be staying to root vs the Cats in this one. It's kind of like last week. Putting UL and UK in the same venue means the opponent automatically gets crowd support.

I know how well KY travels. But I would wager that fans from Cincy and UNC will be staying to root vs the Cats in this one. It's kind of like last week. Putting UL and UK in the same venue means the opponent automatically gets crowd support.

 

Why would fans from Cincinnati be in Memphis?

 

Also, would UNC fans root against Kentucky or UCLA? I think that would come down to who they'd rather face on Sunday.

Why would fans from Cincinnati be in Memphis?

 

Also, would UNC fans root against Kentucky or UCLA? I think that would come down to who they'd rather face on Sunday.

 

My bad. Early in the morning. Pre-Coffee.

 

UNC fans loathe UK in their hearts. At least the ones down here in their home base. They pretend to be nice, but really see the Cats as "False Kings" who have cheated while they are falsely accused.

 

I've had two experiences attending NCAA tourneys and they were long ago.

 

1980 and 1984.

 

In 1980 UK fans loudly rooted for Purdue vs Indiana and it worked as the Boilermakers upset the Hoosiers and Zeke. Duke fans were kind of indifferent. The Regional Final, KY fans returned to root vs Duke and for Purdue. (I was one of them)

 

In 1984 I don't recall many Illinois or Maryland fans at all. Just UL and 80% UK at Rupp. So it really didn't factor in then.

 

Just a theory Mustang. :thumb:

 

(BTW, did anyone see the clip of the Tar Heel fan waving a South Carolina Towel during the upset of Duke on Sunday?)

My bad. Early in the morning. Pre-Coffee.

 

UNC fans loathe UK in their hearts. At least the ones down here in their home base. They pretend to be nice, but really see the Cats as "False Kings" who have cheated while they are falsely accused.

 

I've had two experiences attending NCAA tourneys and they were long ago.

 

1980 and 1984.

 

In 1980 UK fans loudly rooted for Purdue vs Indiana and it worked as the Boilermakers upset the Hoosiers and Zeke. Duke fans were kind of indifferent. The Regional Final, KY fans returned to root vs Duke and for Purdue. (I was one of them)

 

In 1984 I don't recall many Illinois or Maryland fans at all. Just UL and 80% UK at Rupp. So it really didn't factor in then.

 

Just a theory Mustang. :thumb:

 

(BTW, did anyone see the clip of the Tar Heel fan waving a South Carolina Towel during the upset of Duke on Sunday?)

 

I did. It looked like the UNC crowd was all in favor of Duke going down.

 

(BTW, did anyone see the clip of the Tar Heel fan waving a South Carolina Towel during the upset of Duke on Sunday?)

My wife and I saw a UNC fan going nuts during the Duke/South Carolina game. Funny.

 

I can see UNC being indifferent, but the Ball factor could persuade them to pull for UK.

 

Please, Butler. Come through for us!

My wife and I saw a UNC fan going nuts during the Duke/South Carolina game. Funny.

 

I can see UNC being indifferent, but the Ball factor could persuade them to pull for UK.

 

Please, Butler. Come through for us!

 

If KY beats UCLA and then is able to defeat UNC; they will have truly earned their way to the Final Four.

If KY beats UCLA and then is able to defeat UNC; they will have truly earned their way to the Final Four.

Yes, it would be like 2011 and 2014.

Yes, it would be like 2011 and 2014.

 

If they are able to pull it off, I hope the end results are better. :thumb:

I know how well KY travels. But I would wager that fans from Cincy and UNC will be staying to root vs the Cats in this one. It's kind of like last week. Putting UL and UK in the same venue means the opponent automatically gets crowd support.

 

Even if UNC wins, I would venture to say the UK/UCLA game would 70% Blue and White. I may be wrong, but I just know the Cats fans will travel, especially only having to go to Memphis. It will be interesting to see. I feel like the "BBB" could hurt any chances to root for UCLA but I may be wrong. We will find out in four long days!!!

Yes, it would be like 2011 and 2014.

 

If UK were to be fortunate enough to win the NCAA Championship I would think it would have been the toughest route ever to achieve that accomplishment. They would have to defeat a tough 31-4 Wichita State team motivated by revenge, UCLA, and then probably North Carolina, Kansas, and either Arizona or Gonzaga. That is truly a murderous row!

UNC fans loathe UK in their hearts. At least the ones down here in their home base. They pretend to be nice, but really see the Cats as "False Kings" who have cheated while they are falsely accused.

 

Great. Now I hate UNC even more. :lol2:

If UK were to be fortunate enough to win the NCAA Championship I would think it would have been the toughest route ever to achieve that accomplishment. They would have to defeat a tough 31-4 Wichita State team motivated by revenge, UCLA, and then probably North Carolina, Kansas, and either Arizona or Gonzaga. That is truly a murderous row!

I would be interested to know what team has beat teams with the highest cumulative amount of wins through an NCAA tournament run? UK or UCLA could face up to five 30+ game winning teams.

Great. Now I hate UNC even more. :lol2:

 

I would be interested to know what team has beat teams with the highest cumulative amount of wins through an NCAA tournament run? UK or UCLA could face up to five 30+ game winning teams.

 

Wins are not the only factor to consider. Mainly because the amount of games played in a season now are so much higher than in days of yore. But rankings might be a barometer.

 

For example, prior to seeding; the old Mideast Region used to be the toughest region around because of the automatic conference champs included.

 

When IU won the '76 tourney they had to beat ACC Regular Season Champ UNC in the first round. SEC Champion Alabama (Top 10 ranked) in the Sweet 16. Top Five Ranked Marquette in the Regional Final. In the Final Four they beat Top 5 Ranked UCLA and their old Big 10 nemesis Michigan in the Finals.

 

In 1978 when KY won the Title they faced:

 

First Round: Florida State who was the Regular Season Champs of the Metro over UL

 

Sweet 16: The MAC Champs Miami (Ohio) who had upset #2 Marquette in the first round or the Cats would have played them.

 

Regional Final: Michigan State who were Big 10 Champs and Top 10. (Next Year's Champs)

 

Final Four: Arkansas who won the SWC and had 30 wins. Ranked in Top 5.

 

Finals: Duke who won the ACC Tourney.

 

Those were some rough routes to the Title.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.