Patrick Towles Transferring

price499

I'm interested to see what PT can do when he actually has some talent around him. I really hope he goes somewhere and balls out. Surprisingly, outside of the UK irrationals, fans of other SEC schools and top programs want this kid. Call it irony or karma, but I think it would be hilarious if PT went to another SEC school and came back and hung 50 on UK after the way some of these UK fans have treated him.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Finished the same as last year, but better than Jokers last year. They certainly have work to do, but the recruiting is much better under Stoops than we have seen in a long long time. That said, it takes a while to turn around a 1-9 program, especially in the sec.

Recruiting is always better the first few years when a new coach comes in. The SEC east is weak right now compared to past years.

Regardless of where Patrick ends up, I wish him nothing but great success. He has a bright future in whatever he decides to do in life. However, I think Pat will need a lot of help this offseason to fix some of the problems he developed at UK. We can talk about his intangibles (size, arm, mobility, etc.) until we are blue in the face, but the fact is through 20 plus starts at UK, he showed absolutely no improvement. I realize the offensive line and receivers were not good, but his footwork and ability to read coverages has been a huge issue for quite some time. While I think if he goes to the right coach with the right system these things could be fixed to an extent, it will take a whole lot of work to fix these fundamental issues.

So, Towles wanted the job given to him, didn't want to have to have success to keep it and / or didn't want to have to compete / work for it.

With an attitude like that ... good riddins' . Should he want something soft, then find someone to :poop: in his hand.

Most classless post on BGP, past, present and future.

Could Patrick end up at Florida? Treon Harris is not very good, and Will Grier will likely still be suspended much of the 2016 season.

If I was PT I would take a long look at WKU, especially if Brohm is still there.

I'd love to see PT end up in Bowling Green. I have no idea what they have coming behind Doughty. Hope they can hold onto Brohm for a couple more years.

To those of you who fail to see the talent this young man has I wish for you better judgement. It is disappointing to see this coaching staff treat this young man as they have for several years. I hope they don't do the same to Drew Barker who has demonstrated some ability but far less maturity. I have been a UK football fan for almost 60 years and I was truly hopeful when Stoops was the hire to replace Joker. That hope is gone after I have seen the way he has handled the program. Yes, we have a major league facility and the recruiting has been better but the overall program administration has been a disaster including the inability to game plan and to make in game adjustments.

To those of you who fail to see the talent this young man has I wish for you better judgement.

Based on your username, you've watched him for years. Please educate us on the abundance of talent.

We already have "He's big" and "He's got a strong arm" covered. What else?

Based on your username, you've watched him for years. Please educate us on the abundance of talent.

We already have "He's big" and "He's got a strong arm" covered. What else?

I have to agree. Yes he has some of the measurables and seems to be an Outstanding young man. I am sure it is a loss for UK from having another quality individual in the locker room, but the QB position is as much about a feeling as it is a skill set or talent. There are many QB's that do not fit the mold but have a great deal of success regardless.

My issues with Towles have always been his decision making (post snap reads) and his pocket presence (knowing when to step up, take off, and feel pressure). Those are items that I feel you either have or do not. Towles did not show an improvement in either of those areas to me over his two years so why does anyone think they would be better elsewhere?

On a side note I wish him the best of luck. He is from what I know a great young man that will be successful in life regardless of what happens on Saturdays next year.