Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HHSHOG62

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HHSHOG62

  1. This isn't event in the same universe as 2006.....
  2. Why would Highlands have sprinklers on a turf field?
  3. I'm not going to respond to the rest of your post, mainly because I am in a hotel room in chicago and having a great time, but I will say that up until BW took over "double slip on a 3 tech" was never even remotely involved in the oline vocabulary. Having played football in college, in KY, I met with many former o lineman from various ky high schools, and each of them said they did zone blocking. Ever team we played while I was in high school ran zone blocking. Not sure who you have talked to, but literally 100 percent of the people I talked to said they ran zone. Highlands did not run zone blocking up until BW took over. No variations of zone were used. I can tell you that with 100 percent confidence.
  4. What was he criticizing? Also, I will disagree that "probably 50% of the teams in KY do not use zone blocking" and unless you can bring some "facts" I don't think there is anything you can say to prove me wrong.
  5. My best estimate would be that it will happen before SK puts a championship trophy in their case.
  6. Don't worry, we will eventually get back to making the rest if NKY look like jv teams.
  7. You must have been one of his few failed students. Actually, probably his only one.
  8. Wouldn't expect anything less from you!
  9. Nah, after 10 years little bro can have a win.
  10. Sometimes feelings need to be hurt in order to get the message.
  11. The current ranking system is outdated....I'm a sabremetrics guy, so I can't answer that.
  12. I was agreeing with you.
  13. I think more goes into scheduling than most of us even know about. You don't build a schedule to please fans, you build it to prepare your team for a state championship run. However, you also don't want to run your team through a meat grinder and end up with half your team injured by the time playoffs come around. I think each team has games on their schedule where they know they will benefit from. Either benefit them as far as preparing them for a team they may face in the playoffs, or benefit them by knowing you are going to score enough in the first half that will allow your starters some much needed rest. I am not going to claim that anyone ducked Highlands. Anyone that claims team A is ducking team B is claiming so based on virtually no evidence. However, I don't think Dale saw any real motivation to playing the teams you mentioned, when there were teams on the schedule that were as good, if not better than the ones already on the schedule.
  14. However, if were being honest, how many teams in NKY during those years could have actually added anything to the strength of their schedule? Even if Dale was well liked by all NKY Coaches, meaning they would be willing to schedule Highlands, would those teams have "brought" anything to the schedule? And FWIW, I think the amount of coaches that allegedly didn't like Dale is being blown a bit out of proportion.
  15. But, I digress. It is encouraging that the freshman game was as tight as it was, and I am looking forward to the future matchups between the Birds and colonels. Time to bring some excitement back to the rivalry! :ylsuper:
  16. :banghead: Not that it matters to this thread, or really anything at all other than pointing out when you are wrong, I said that the thread was not started by a Highlands Fan. You said "Yes it was." You started the thread. SO, either you are a Highlands fan, or you are wrong.
  17. I encourage everyone, including you, to go back and look at post #1 in the thread "Highlands-is the calvary coming?" Pay close attention to who posted the first post.
  18. FWIW, it was not a Highlands Fan that started that thread. Not saying you said it was, but I thought it was important to mention that it was not a Highlands fan that started saying that.
  19. In my opinion, the only thing freshman games show is what kind of athletes are on your team. Mind you, that a team can have a few good athletes, but still not be a good team. Many factors can come into play between freshman year, and when those freshman start producing results for varsity. I am only speaking from my experience, and specifically think of Dixie during my time playing football. We beat them by 6 as freshman, 24-18, and many around the area thought that they were the best team in NKY and would challenge Highlands when they got to Varsity. Junior and Senior year come around, (excluding sophomore year because most sophomores don't contribute on varsity), and we outscore them 156-37, with 28 of their 37 coming while they had a running clock put on them. Kids can look like all stars as freshmen, and on rare occasions that translates over to varsity. However, as a general rule, I don't take much if anything away from freshman results.
  20. I can, and do, when credit is deserved. I don't think a 1 point victory signifies the "tide is turning," nor do I think freshman results really provide any indicator of varsity results. How many consecutive years now have we heard "this is Cov Cath's year to beat Highlands"? I was being honest, I want the Cov Cath-Highlands game to be a rivalry game like it used to be. But you have to admit that it has been extremely one sided over the past decade which has diminished the "fun" of this game. Make no mistake, from my perception it has been extremely fun beating the tar out of Cov Cath every year, but a healthy rivalry needs back and forth results. As a Cov Cath fan, I don't see how you can get excited about freshman results, specifically beating Highlands freshman, especially when it has shown to have an insignificant correlation to varsity results.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.