Kentucky 70 Texas A&M 64 2OT

Bluto

There were several times today that they had Booker wide open for a shot and would look straight at him and reverse the ball to the other side. If I've got a kid who's been as hot as Booker I want him to take as many open shots as possible.

I hope they snap out of it because they did a good job toward the end of last season and in the post season, but as of right now the Harrison's aren't getting the other players as involved as they should.

I blame a lot of that on the platoon system and their not getting their shots. I think they feel that it was or is hurting their draft stock. Maybe they are seeing $$ signs floating away.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All I heard for a year was how bad their defense was. So it was Aaron's fault that Ulis and Johnson were 2-10, really? So UK runs the shot clock out and puts the ball in their hands at the end and that makes them selfish. If Andrew had 5 assist they had to be to someone other than his brother because he had 4 field goals and 2 were off steals. WCS was atrocious today, until the 2nd ot Johnson was atrocious, Lyles disappeared for 45 minutes. Yet all you hear is twins twins twins. It gets old, they lead UK to the finals last year and this team is 15-0 with many lop sided victories and people act like they are terrible. I just don't get it.

I think folks don't like their mannerisms more than anything. You can tell that adversite bothers them at times. I don't have a problem with them. At the end of the day I'm glad they're both wearing UK blue.

Harrisons are about the Harrisons. I think they are more interested in THEIR stats than they are TEAM. They are crybabies, selfish, and not team players. Sure they will have their nights, heck they will probably win a game here or there on a last second shot. One thing for sure, one of them will take that last second shot, whether they are open or not. If they win a game on one of those shots, I'll be glad the Cats won, but I myself will be glad when they are gone!

According to my math the rest of the team shot 35% and the twins 20% drug it down to 28%. Now granted the rest of the team shot poorly as a whole but not like the Harrisons did. When you take half the team's total shots you should receive most of the credit or in this case blame for the low percentage.

This was my greatest beef in this discussion. The number of shots taken while having an "off night" hurt the offense IMO. That's a lot of shots taken by two people having a bad night. :idunno:

Andrew was flat out terrible yesterday. He makes terrible decisions and get's outta control. He is selfish. Period. Aaron just had bad shooting day and didn't drive to the basket enough. And whatever the Camp Cal crap is? Scrap it! BTW, Coach Cal knows he didn't coach a good game and they have issues. I also think he'll get em fixed. Go Cats!

Question for the UK fans:

Regardless of the source of the frustration or the debate over how to fix it, is anyone else happy for the turn of events with this team? I like that the games are now competitive, even though they aren't playing as well as they were earlier in the season. Speaking strictly from a selfish perspective, this is much more entertaining than a 30 point blow out.

I have had my emotions stirred more in the last two games than in the previous 12 combined.

Question for the UK fans:

Regardless of the source of the frustration or the debate over how to fix it, is anyone else happy for the turn of events with this team? I like that the games are now competitive, even though they aren't playing as well as they were earlier in the season. Speaking strictly from a selfish perspective, this is much more entertaining than a 30 point blow out.

I have had my emotions stirred more in the last two games than in the previous 12 combined.

Me too and I am too old for that. I like more of a cushion.....:clap:

I had not considered that, but Hawkins energy is often contagious.

It is.

I think something that is way over looked is that both Hawkins and Willis can do things for this team in short stretches. With AP's injury I was hoping Cal would use them more.

He will not and he feels he can't.

Those guys are after thoughts, only recruited because Cal did not want to get Lofton'd, etc.

If he plays those guys he is admitting the lottery picks can't do something, whether that is play with energy, pride, or shoot the ball.....doesn't matter. He is also admitting that he himself can't motivate them or coach them to do what needs to be done and has to resort to playing walk-ons etc.

Those kids could play at 95% of other schools.......but they ain't playing at Kentucky.

I blame a lot of that on the platoon system and their not getting their shots. I think they feel that it was or is hurting their draft stock. Maybe they are seeing $$ signs floating away.

That thought has crossed my mind too. I don't think the twins started playing well last year and became better team players until they got the NBA stuff off their minds. I think they had already made up their mind long before they officially announced that they were going to return to UK for another year. That's when they relaxed, stopped worrying about impressing NBA scouts, and we saw the results in the post season. Well, it now appears they're right back to concerning themselves with their draft positioning, and I think it's affecting both of them.

Maybe Cal should split the twins up. Play Andrew and Booker together and and then bring in Ulis and Aaron. Heck, if it's the NBA that's on their mind, well, they're not going to be playing together on the same team in the NBA anyway. Might as well get used to it now. Personally, I don't think they're going to be playing much in the NBA regardless, or maybe not at all. But that's just my opinion. I know that they're not impressing many NBA scouts right now.

You guys who complain about Willis and Hawkins not getting enough playing time just don't get it in my opinion.

How many other teams in the NCAA play their 11th best player on a regular basis?

How many other teams have 2 starting 5's that both would be top 10 teams? The answer is 1. So on most teams Willis and Hawkins would be 6th and 7th best if not starters.