Kentucky 70 Texas A&M 64 2OT

Bluto

Hellbird obviously none of my comments should be taken personally so please don't. I just find it frustrating that the Jeff Goodman's of the world can find nothing positive and unfortunately neither can a large percentage of our fan base.

I can. Like I said I like

their defense.

Today ay however they seemed to play very selfish down the stretch and that allowed a 7 pt lead with a couple minutes left to dissapear.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh yea, the 35 footer he bricked at the end of regulation, yea I remember that one too.

I I wish we didn't have to lump

them together but the last 5 mins and the OT's when they thought they were the only ones in the court it was hard to seperate them.

6-30 can't get it out of my head and that is why I think Cal coached really bad today.

3-17 beyond 3. Players chucking up

that many shots andissong should have been benched.

i like their defense. The best part of their game period. They have been great this year on defense.

C'mon a 35 footer isn't a brick :)

I agree I thought Cal missed a couple of opportunities to use timeouts. One was when Andrew missed the layup. Dakari and Lee were on the floor I would called timeout immediately to get free throw shooters in the floor. Granted he got a layup which he has to make.

Not going to happen.

That would be Cal admitting that some of these guys are not draft picks and he cannot do that......hurting their draft stock would be a death blow to his recruiting.

I had not considered that, but Hawkins energy is often contagious.

UK's last 3 possessions of regulation

1. Grand it out mode. Go high ball screen for Andrew with 10 second on clock. Gets fouls hits both.

2. Grind it out mode. High ball screen for Andrew kicks it to Aaron with 5 on the clock contest 3 with 3 on clock.

3. Missed break away layup by Andrew

1st ot

1. Andrew drove missed an easy shot at the rim. Twisted his ankle

2. Andrew assist bookers and 1 layup.

Andrew exits due to injury

3. Aaron misses a 3 out of the corner on a pass from Ulis with 5 on shot clock.

4. Ulis missed pull up 15 footer. Townes fouls out on rebound.

5. Lyles fouled after a nice pass from Ulis. Misses both

Andrew renters game

6. Andrew drives baseline off a pass from Ulis. Gets called for going out of bounds when he clearly didn't. His only turnover

Andrew exits game.

7. Booker missed corner 3 on pass from Ulis

8. Aaron misses with 9 on game clock. Lyles rebounds and hits both Ft's And Aaron was not triple teamed

So Ulis played the last 4 minutes of first ot and Uk didn't score a field go. Not picking on him but that's much different than was stated.

So what am I missing?

UK's last 3 possessions of regulation

1. Grand it out mode. Go high ball screen for Andrew with 10 second on clock. Gets fouls hits both.

2. Grind it out mode. High ball screen for Andrew kicks it to Aaron with 5 on the clock contest 3 with 3 on clock.

3. Missed break away layup by Andrew

1st ot

1. Andrew drove missed an easy shot at the rim. Twisted his ankle

2. Andrew assist bookers and 1 layup.

Andrew exits due to injury

3. Aaron misses a 3 out of the corner on a pass from Ulis with 5 on shot clock.

4. Ulis missed pull up 15 footer. Townes fouls out on rebound.

5. Lyles fouled after a nice pass from Ulis. Misses both

Andrew renters game

6. Andrew drives baseline off a pass from Ulis. Gets called for going out of bounds when he clearly didn't. His only turnover

Andrew exits game.

7. Booker missed corner 3 on pass from Ulis

8. Aaron misses with 9 on game clock. Lyles rebounds and hits both Ft's And Aaron was not triple teamed

So Ulis played the last 4 minutes of first ot and Uk didn't score a field go. Not picking on him but that's much different than was stated.

So what am I missing?

You just posted what we were telling you all along and you still missed it. Who took the majority of shots? The last 3 possesions in regulation were all taken by Harrisons.

Thats what we were talking about. If you g back further of regulation you would see more of the same. In the last few minutes it was the Arron and Andrew show.

I think there was 1 3 made by Andrew down the stretch and that was it from the field. That was my point.

You guys are hillarious. Kentucky is 15-0, yet to hear you talk about them they are 0-15 and Cal doesn't know how to coach since he keeps playing the Harrison's. It's quite comical.

How about we let them lose a game or two before we start bashing the players and coach, for a change. Obviously they are doing the most important part of the game right, which is winning. They may not be blowing teams out right now, but who in their right mind would expect that to continue the entire season.

You just posted what we were telling you all along and you still missed it. Who took the majority of shots? The last 3 possesions in regulation were all taken by Harrisons.

Thats what we were talking about. If you g back further of regulation you would see more of the same. In the last few minutes it was the Arron and Andrew show.

I think there was 1 3 made by Andrew down the stretch and that was it from the field. That was my point.

Really you have a problem with the last three possession of regulation? Andrew got fouled 25' from the basket and hit both free throws and it was late in the clock. Aaron shot a three with 3 seconds on the clock so I supposes it would have been better to let the clock run out. The last two possessions were the break away layup, which he should have made but was a the right play and Aaron's desperation shot at the buzzer. None of those, not 1, were selfish.

In the ot's they combined to take 3 shots and 2 of those we're late clock attempts by Aaron. The other was a 4 footer by Andrew. None of those were selfish plays.

If you want to say they shot it poorly I can agree but this "they wouldn't pass it to anyone else" is complete crap. Cal put the ball in their hands at the end of the shot clock. That's not their fault and it's been a pretty successful strategy in the past.

Any way 4 of Aaron's misses were at the end of the shot clock or game clock. How is that selfish or poor decisions?

You guys are hillarious. Kentucky is 15-0, yet to hear you talk about them they are 0-15 and Cal doesn't know how to coach since he keeps playing the Harrison's. It's quite comical.

How about we let them lose a game or two before we start bashing the players and coach, for a change. Obviously they are doing the most important part of the game right, which is winning. They may not be blowing teams out right now, but who in their right mind would expect that to continue the entire season.

Some people don't understand that when UK is playing with a lead late in the game Cal likes to run the clock down and put his point guard in a ball screen. He trust Andrew and Ulis to make plays. When Andrew fails the haters come out of the woodwork.

But Cal has won over 80% of his games at UK doing just that.

Really you have a problem with the last three possession of regulation? Andrew got fouled 25' from the basket and hit both free throws and it was late in the clock. Aaron shot a three with 3 seconds on the clock so I supposes it would have been better to let the clock run out. The last two possessions were the break away layup, which he should have made but was a the right play and Aaron's desperation shot at the buzzer. None of those, not 1, were selfish.

In the ot's they combined to take 3 shots and 2 of those we're late clock attempts by Aaron. The other was a 4 footer by Andrew. None of those were selfish plays.

If you want to say they shot it poorly I can agree but this "they wouldn't pass it to anyone else" is complete crap. Cal put the ball in their hands at the end of the shot clock. That's not their fault and it's been a pretty successful strategy in the past.

Any way 4 of Aaron's misses were at the end of the shot clock or game clock. How is that selfish or poor decisions?

The fact that they were forcing bad shots, yes I have a problem with that. I also said all Along they had a terrible shooting day. Again, that has been my biggest comp,ain't all day as I have repeatedly shown the 6-30 stat and the 3-17 from 3 stat. The team and offense always seemed to play better today when both weren't on the floor at the same time.

If you go back and watch, take not of everytime Andrew has the ball, if he isn't shooting who is he looking at to pass the ball to? His brother Aaron. It was as if no one else was on the floor.

The fact that they were forcing bad shots, yes I have a problem with that. I also said all Along they had a terrible shooting day. Again, that has been my biggest comp,ain't all day as I have repeatedly shown the 6-30 stat and the 3-17 from 3 stat. The team and offense always seemed to play better today when both weren't on the floor at the same time.

If you go back and watch, take not of everytime Andrew has the ball, if he isn't shooting who is he looking at to pass the ball to? His brother Aaron. It was as if no one else was on the floor.

I did go back and watch and that simply isn't true, not in the last 5 minutes anyway. There's a site called UK basketball all live, it's already uploaded there,and watch for yourself. I honestly think your memory is being effected by what you want to believe to be true.

As for the forced shots, would you rather the shot clock run out because inside the last 3 minutes and in the overtimes that's when Aaron took those 3's. His last three misses from deep were desperation attempts. It's completely unfair to criticize him for those shots.

Andrew missed two bunnies that he has to make. Outside of that there wasn't much to complain about down the stretch with him.

This is a very bold statement considering what Aaron done last year in the tourney, but Tyler Ulis is the most clutch player on this team.

What statement was that? If you are replying to a quote please use reply with quote so we know what you are referring to.

Let's see UK shot 28% but when ulis was in they made shots? Really? UK had 1 fg in the first ot and Ulis was in a lot. Keep blaming the twins if it makes you feel better and last year their d was highly scrutinized, it often remarked how much they improved defensively. Yes they shot it poorly hard to argue but until the 2 OT Ulis did zip

According to my math the rest of the team shot 35% and the twins 20% drug it down to 28%. Now granted the rest of the team shot poorly as a whole but not like the Harrisons did. When you take half the team's total shots you should receive most of the credit or in this case blame for the low percentage.