April 8, 201412 yr Looking back, I think Dakari and Julius did not do enough inside. They didn't get enough points in the paint. I kept waiting for Julius to take the game over and he never did. I expected 20 points out of him in this one.
April 8, 201412 yr The Cats last two losses in the NCAA Tournament have been to UConn. I tried to tell you.
April 8, 201412 yr I would not have believed it if you told me before the game that UConn would out rebound the Cats. To be fair, some of those rebounds came off of missed free throws too, while UK obviously didn't get any of those off UConn misses. What shocked me was that UK only beat them on offensive boards 10-8. That's really where you'd know UK was in trouble, because Kentucky desperately needed second chance points.
April 8, 201412 yr I actually am not too uupset about the game. Probably because as soon as the game was over I switched channels so I wouldn't have to listen to the interviews etc. It is always disappointing for your team to lose, but considering where UK was a scant month ago (almost exactly one month to the day since Florida drilled them in season finale), you just can't be too down. It is upsetting that they got so close and didn't get it done, but it beats the hell out of the alternative. I mean, it could be last year when they took a first round loss - in the NIT.
April 8, 201412 yr The other call that I was wondering about was when Napier threw the ball to himself on that drive. I guess a UK player touched the ball?
April 8, 201412 yr I tried to tell you. Yes you did I am sure you have heard the old saying "Even a blind hog.....".:isurrender:
April 8, 201412 yr The only call I have a problem with is that charge on Poythress. First time I have seen a charge called when the guy who supposedly made the contact was moving away from the defender. That was bad.Agreed, that one was terrible, only other call that stood out to me was when the UConn player just about tore Poythress's arm off / chocked him on that one play in the 2nd half, was ruled dual possesion - ball to UConn. Officiating did not beat U.K. -- UConn beat U.K..
April 8, 201412 yr I just can't really lay anything at the feet of the officials. They called enough fouls UK's way that UK got to the line for 24 free throws. But they missed 11 in a game they lost by 6. The worst was when Andrew missed the front end of the 1 and 1 down 54-50. There was still around 4 minutes left in the game I believe. UConn came down and hit a shot to go up 6, when it could have just as easily been a 2 point game. UK never got within 4 again. :thumb: U.K. 13-24 (54%) , UConn 10-10 (100%). U.K. Missed 14 ft's , UConn doesn't miss any . Lose by 6. Do the math.
April 8, 201412 yr Am I the only one tired of hearing Shabazz & company whining about the suspension?? Congrats--You won the championship!! Go to class and Calhoun would still be coach & you wouldn't have been banned from post season play?? Once again--Credit to Coach Allie for keeping them together, but please enough of the "we got hosed" talk?? Be glad it wasn't longer.
April 8, 201412 yr You have to look a who took the free throws though. Mostly it was Dakari and Alex taking them, Andrew struggled getting to the hole and couldn't get anything.
April 8, 201412 yr Kentucky was in the bonus in both half's before UConn, and watch the Harrison's feet as they travel a lot and it is never called. When UK wins it is always how great Cal is as a Coach, and when they lose, always the refs fault. Watch the end of the first half of the game against Michigan and tell me on UK's final offensive drive if Randle doesn't push off of Robinson before he scores. He did. No call. The refs were horrible through the whole tournament and generally it favored Kentucky. Kentucky shot way more free throws tonight than UConn, they just didn't make a good enough percentage.
April 8, 201412 yr You have to look a who took the free throws though. Mostly it was Dakari and Alex taking them' date=' Andrew struggled getting to the hole and couldn't get anything.[/quote'] I recall Randle missing at least 2-3. Hawkins missed both of his attempts. Harrison missed that front end of the 1 and 1. If you can recall a UK player hitting free throws tonight, chances are it was James Young.
April 8, 201412 yr Am I the only one tired of hearing Shabazz & company whining about the suspension?? Congrats--You won the championship!! Go to class and Calhoun would still be coach & you wouldn't have been banned from post season play?? Once again--Credit to Coach Allie for keeping them together, but please enough of the "we got hosed" talk?? Be glad it wasn't longer. Kind of like the remarkable "Turnaround" UK had. Preseason #1. 8 McDonalds all America players. Under performed through the season, and then turned it on in SEC play. SICK of hearing how "unexpected" it was. UK fans thought they were going to win tonight and they didn't. Get over it. Move on- as was stated to other teams fans by the BBN when their teams lost.
April 8, 201412 yr To be fair, some of those rebounds came off of missed free throws too, while UK obviously didn't get any of those off UConn misses. What shocked me was that UK only beat them on offensive boards 10-8. That's really where you'd know UK was in trouble, because Kentucky desperately needed second chance points. UK never consistently got the ball cleanly off the rim to have a chance to dominate the glass on that end. That was what I said would be the issue all day today, and it played out over and over. When they did get clear looks that missed, they converted it to points, but it was few and far between. Again. The UConn D was ELITE over the past month...
April 8, 201412 yr Kind of like the remarkable "Turnaround" UK had. Preseason #1. 8 McDonalds all America players. Under performed through the season, and then turned it on in SEC play. SICK of hearing how "unexpected" it was. UK fans thought they were going to win tonight and they didn't. Get over it. Move on- as was stated to other teams fans by the BBN when their teams lost. I'm a huge UK fan and I didn't say one time to other teams to move on when UK beat them nor did I say UK would win tonight. I hoped they would but also congratulated Uconn after their win. Just because you are a hater doesn't mean we all are sore losers or winners.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.