Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

Although UK lost, this was the most enjoyable tournament I can remember in a long time.

Agreed. I loved the 2012 run but UK was the prohibitive favorite in that one. This is an all-timer tourney run from an enjoyment standpoint.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Fortunately, I have a spot on my blue shaded glasses that is clear. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the way Shabazz Napier plays the game while looking through that part of the shades.

I don't follow NBA draft projections very much but I can't imagine he's not a 1st-round pick if you need a PG.

I 100% agree.

They were outstanding. Poor execution by the Cats. UConn stopped the dribble penetration, and UK still left their feet and then proceeded to try to throw it back out to waiting UConn guards at least 5 possessions. Shabazz was outstanding, best player in the tournament. And like I said, if UK loses, it will be at the line. I didn't think that the direct ball pressure was the overriding factor in this one. Team defense was.

You die a little inside when I'm right, don't you??? :lol2:

I know we all get caught up in the emotion of it being a national title game, but that was an ugly game from both sides. For as good as Napier was, he had more turnovers than assists and looked out of sorts for a chunk of the game. Great intangibles though. I am in the minority but I thought UK was solid defensively; the UConn guards just made more challenging shots at critical moments. Obviously UConn was good defensively and the biggest reason UK couldn't get to the glass. It is not an excuse, but you can't fully dismiss the toll it takes on a team after playing 4 straight games like UK played.

It was Big East basketball at its finest. Stupid football...

An observation and not a UK fan being mad:

Julius sure does miss a lot of point blank shots. He'll need to clean that up in the pros.

Yeah, he became a terrible finisher once teams started guarding him differently about a third of the way through the season. He was just able to will and overpower his way to success.

Missed shots

Missed free throws

Bad officiating

Bunch of freshmen

Bad officiating

=

Loss

I wanted UK to win but come on we went to the line 24 times to UConn's 10. We had three fouls at halftime mind you none on any starter. Can't blame the refs. Youth showed tonight and bad free throw shooting doomed the Cats

@UKCoachCalipari: I'm more disappointed this morning than I was last night but I'm really proud of our kids that we had our chances to win the game. In the end, life goes on. I'm on my way to Mass right now. I love these kids, I love this team, and I love the #BBN. Just sad it's over. Thank you for your support this year.

@UKCoachCalipari: I'm more disappointed this morning than I was last night but I'm really proud of our kids that we had our chances to win the game. In the end' date=' life goes on. I'm on my way to Mass right now. I love these kids, I love this team, and I love the #BBN. Just sad it's over. Thank you for your support this year.[/quote']

Sad it's over. There you go. He gone.