April 8, 201412 yr Although UK lost, this was the most enjoyable tournament I can remember in a long time. Agreed. I loved the 2012 run but UK was the prohibitive favorite in that one. This is an all-timer tourney run from an enjoyment standpoint.
April 8, 201412 yr Fortunately, I have a spot on my blue shaded glasses that is clear. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the way Shabazz Napier plays the game while looking through that part of the shades. I don't follow NBA draft projections very much but I can't imagine he's not a 1st-round pick if you need a PG. I 100% agree.
April 8, 201412 yr An observation and not a UK fan being mad: Julius sure does miss a lot of point blank shots. He'll need to clean that up in the pros.
April 8, 201412 yr They were outstanding. Poor execution by the Cats. UConn stopped the dribble penetration, and UK still left their feet and then proceeded to try to throw it back out to waiting UConn guards at least 5 possessions. Shabazz was outstanding, best player in the tournament. And like I said, if UK loses, it will be at the line. I didn't think that the direct ball pressure was the overriding factor in this one. Team defense was. You die a little inside when I'm right, don't you??? :lol2:
April 8, 201412 yr Although UK lost, this was the most enjoyable tournament I can remember in a long time. You got 6 competitive, and 5 highly competitive games. That never happens.
April 8, 201412 yr You die a little inside when I'm right, don't you??? :lol2: Nah, I really like to give you grief. It makes me happy.
April 8, 201412 yr I know we all get caught up in the emotion of it being a national title game, but that was an ugly game from both sides. For as good as Napier was, he had more turnovers than assists and looked out of sorts for a chunk of the game. Great intangibles though. I am in the minority but I thought UK was solid defensively; the UConn guards just made more challenging shots at critical moments. Obviously UConn was good defensively and the biggest reason UK couldn't get to the glass. It is not an excuse, but you can't fully dismiss the toll it takes on a team after playing 4 straight games like UK played. It was Big East basketball at its finest. Stupid football...
April 8, 201412 yr An observation and not a UK fan being mad: Julius sure does miss a lot of point blank shots. He'll need to clean that up in the pros. Yeah, he became a terrible finisher once teams started guarding him differently about a third of the way through the season. He was just able to will and overpower his way to success.
April 8, 201412 yr Missed shots Missed free throws Bad officiating Bunch of freshmen Bad officiating = Loss I wanted UK to win but come on we went to the line 24 times to UConn's 10. We had three fouls at halftime mind you none on any starter. Can't blame the refs. Youth showed tonight and bad free throw shooting doomed the Cats
April 8, 201412 yr I haven't read all of this, but is there really the perception that it was a bad whistle? Good lord.
April 8, 201412 yr I think these teams play 10 times, UK wins most. But last night, UConn was outstanding. Why is it so hard for people to say that?
April 8, 201412 yr I haven't read all of this, but is there really the perception that it was a bad whistle? Good lord. The charge call is the only one either way that stood out to me...
April 8, 201412 yr @UKCoachCalipari: I'm more disappointed this morning than I was last night but I'm really proud of our kids that we had our chances to win the game. In the end, life goes on. I'm on my way to Mass right now. I love these kids, I love this team, and I love the #BBN. Just sad it's over. Thank you for your support this year.
April 8, 201412 yr @UKCoachCalipari: I'm more disappointed this morning than I was last night but I'm really proud of our kids that we had our chances to win the game. In the end' date=' life goes on. I'm on my way to Mass right now. I love these kids, I love this team, and I love the #BBN. Just sad it's over. Thank you for your support this year.[/quote'] Sad it's over. There you go. He gone.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.