Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

Featured Replies

The charge call is the only one either way that stood out to me...

It was a flop, and the over and back call was close, but I don't think either made much of a difference.

  • Replies 267
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgive me but I can't but help feel this way. As fantastic as the Cats are, I don't recall ever a team making it to the finals of this tourney with so many quirks, and inconsistencies as them.

 

It felt to be somewhat of an anomaly, especially with some really fantastic teams falling, and some by the hand of the Cats, to set up the final against the Huskies.

 

They and the Cats were legit, but even the Huskies have some strange blemishes on their schedule (Louisville), but beating Florida twice is no small feat, and says a lot.

 

The 7/8 seeding thing doesn't mean squat to me as that's some full of themselves dudes in a room somewhere tossing out numbers that barely represent reality.

 

What happens on the court is the reality.

 

The championship was well earned by the Huskies, and no one can deny their quality, quickness, and tenacity. The ever maturing Cats was well earned too, and it was fun to watch them grow up throughout the tourney, and dazzle us with the somewhat expected and the unexpected.

 

As a Kentuckian, I was amazed that they kept it this interesting and sorta felt they gave us more, even in losing the final, than perhaps we could've asked for.

 

I can live with these results, and have to believe that it's harder right now to be a Gator or a Badger than it is to be a Cat. They too were more than legit, and could've easily have been the two teams we had watched last night battle for all the marbles.

 

As luck would have it, Husky and Cats fans were the ones who got to enter last night's game with a sense of pride about who the ruling class is in Division I College Ball is.

 

That alone made for an exciting evening, win or lose, than what many thought the gods had in store for the nation.

 

By the strings they pulled, it certainly made for a memorable tourney, maybe even more so than if the favorite had won.

 

I know that I will not soon forget some of the exciting particulars of this year's version of March/April Madness, and beyond just the results of the Championship game.

It was a flop, and the over and back call was close, but I don't think either made much of a difference.

 

I think the backcourt violation was a miss. I don't think the ball or his foot ever touched the midcourt line.

 

I was disappointed in the PC foul on AP.

 

I didn't think the officials had an impact on the game.

I think the backcourt violation was a miss. I don't think the ball or his foot ever touched the midcourt line. I was disappointed in the PC foul on AP. I didn't think the officials had an impact on the game.

 

I agree 100%. On the back court violation I thought your feet had to go over. Is it ball only?

Sad it's over. There you go. He gone.

 

Knew when I read that it wouldn't take too many posts for something to cling to that haha!

Now I'm ready for the NBA playoffs.

I agree 100%. On the back court violation I thought your feet had to go over. Is it ball only?

 

And if it's just the ball is it like a touchdown in football? Just break the line?

And if it's just the ball is it like a touchdown in football? Just break the line?

 

If the ball touches the line it is a violation. I didn't see it touch on the replay...

If the ball touches the line it is a violation. I didn't see it touch on the replay...

 

I didn't either but nobody complained about that on twitter.

The only call that really stands out is the AP charge. I think it definitely impacted the game but wasn't he reason the Cats lost. Like I said in the update thread, the cats had UCONN on the ropes and couldn't put them away. Hell make half the FT's that were missed and it's a tie game.

I thought the worst of the FT misses was by truck nuts on the front end of the bonus

Current conversation with my girlfriend:

 

Her: Oh well, you accomplished something this season. You should be proud!

 

Me: What did I accomplish? I didn't do anything but get drunk

 

Her: Yeah but you got me officially converted

 

Guess I'll take that as a consolation prize.

 

She follows it up with, and "now that I'm a UK fan, my favorite player (Randle) is gonna leave me in the dust."

She follows it up with, and "now that I'm a UK fan, my favorite player (Randle) is gonna leave me in the dust."

Welcome to OUR (now YOUR) world.

I was sad last night because UK's season was over, but this morning I'm more sad that the college basketball season is over. What a great and entertaining year it was.

I agree 100%. On the back court violation I thought your feet had to go over. Is it ball only?

 

When the ball is in the front court it is a violation if either the ball or the player touches the line.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.