Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Forgive me but I can't but help feel this way. As fantastic as the Cats are, I don't recall ever a team making it to the finals of this tourney with so many quirks, and inconsistencies as them.

It felt to be somewhat of an anomaly, especially with some really fantastic teams falling, and some by the hand of the Cats, to set up the final against the Huskies.

They and the Cats were legit, but even the Huskies have some strange blemishes on their schedule (Louisville), but beating Florida twice is no small feat, and says a lot.

The 7/8 seeding thing doesn't mean squat to me as that's some full of themselves dudes in a room somewhere tossing out numbers that barely represent reality.

What happens on the court is the reality.

The championship was well earned by the Huskies, and no one can deny their quality, quickness, and tenacity. The ever maturing Cats was well earned too, and it was fun to watch them grow up throughout the tourney, and dazzle us with the somewhat expected and the unexpected.

As a Kentuckian, I was amazed that they kept it this interesting and sorta felt they gave us more, even in losing the final, than perhaps we could've asked for.

I can live with these results, and have to believe that it's harder right now to be a Gator or a Badger than it is to be a Cat. They too were more than legit, and could've easily have been the two teams we had watched last night battle for all the marbles.

As luck would have it, Husky and Cats fans were the ones who got to enter last night's game with a sense of pride about who the ruling class is in Division I College Ball is.

That alone made for an exciting evening, win or lose, than what many thought the gods had in store for the nation.

By the strings they pulled, it certainly made for a memorable tourney, maybe even more so than if the favorite had won.

I know that I will not soon forget some of the exciting particulars of this year's version of March/April Madness, and beyond just the results of the Championship game.

It was a flop, and the over and back call was close, but I don't think either made much of a difference.

I think the backcourt violation was a miss. I don't think the ball or his foot ever touched the midcourt line.

I was disappointed in the PC foul on AP.

I didn't think the officials had an impact on the game.

I think the backcourt violation was a miss. I don't think the ball or his foot ever touched the midcourt line. I was disappointed in the PC foul on AP. I didn't think the officials had an impact on the game.

I agree 100%. On the back court violation I thought your feet had to go over. Is it ball only?

The only call that really stands out is the AP charge. I think it definitely impacted the game but wasn't he reason the Cats lost. Like I said in the update thread, the cats had UCONN on the ropes and couldn't put them away. Hell make half the FT's that were missed and it's a tie game.

Current conversation with my girlfriend:

Her: Oh well, you accomplished something this season. You should be proud!

Me: What did I accomplish? I didn't do anything but get drunk

Her: Yeah but you got me officially converted

Guess I'll take that as a consolation prize.

She follows it up with, and "now that I'm a UK fan, my favorite player (Randle) is gonna leave me in the dust."

I agree 100%. On the back court violation I thought your feet had to go over. Is it ball only?

When the ball is in the front court it is a violation if either the ball or the player touches the line.