Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

Featured Replies

Probably go back and read through this throughout the day. Tough to lose but the Cats had one hell of a run. Proud of what they accomplished and going to miss those that are leaving.

 

Napier had a heck of a game.

  • Replies 267
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
GREAT GAME BY UCONN.

OVER COMING HORRIBLE ONE-SIDE OFFICIATING AND STILL PULLING OUT A EASY WIN:laugh:

 

10177255_10151998389176006_4061252912445812093_n.jpg

 

"You're a sad, strange little man. You have my pity."

Key momentum play, charge on Poythress that would have tied it I believe. All my pessimism proved true. Add the FT problem n it's very much like 97

 

I absolutely don't blame this loss on officiating, but I completely agree Hatz. That call was huge. I'm not sure if it tied it or would have put them down one, but it was a huge play that the Cats needed. Really could have sent the ball game in a different direction.

 

Really wish they would've went with a no call on that one.

I absolutely don't blame this loss on officiating, but I completely agree Hatz. That call was huge. I'm not sure if it tied it or would have put them down one, but it was a huge play that the Cats needed. Really could have sent the ball game in a different direction.

 

Really wish they would've went with a no call on that one.

 

Scenario's that could have been called:

 

NO CALL: UK has two points because AP scores.

 

BLOCKING CALL: UK has perhaps a 3 point play.

 

The call that was made:

 

CHARGE: No points. Foul on AP. UConn ball.

 

Huge moment. But still FT's lay it in UK's lap and not the Zebras.

I heard on ESPN that UK had the ball 9 times in the second half with an opportunity to take the lead and failed to do so each time.:eek:

The single most depressing thing about this loss is that my attention will now shift to the Reds.

 

I think that is something that bums me out too because I just don't feel good about the season, especially with the slow start. I'm never as optimistic about them as I am UK basketball.

A wise coach I knew once said "Two things won't survive son, dogs that play in the road and teams the can't hit free throws."

 

Been told before that this quote is from legend, Coach Ken Shields.

Scenario's that could have been called:

 

NO CALL: UK has two points because AP scores.

 

BLOCKING CALL: UK has perhaps a 3 point play.

 

The call that was made:

 

CHARGE: No points. Foul on AP. UConn ball.

 

Huge moment. But still FT's lay it in UK's lap and not the Zebras.

 

Absolutely not blaming officiating, which I started that post off with too. Just bummed the called that a charge because I really feel like was a huge play for the Cats and plays like that can build momentum.

 

In the end I want to say that Kentucky lost this because of xyz, but UConn just came out and beat them and deserved it more from their play tonight.

The last place 2-5 Cincinnati Reds have an 8:15 meeting in St. Louis tonight with the Cardinals in the 2nd of a 3 game series.

 

On the mound for the Reds will be Homer Baily facing off against Cardinal's Lance Lynn.

Great tourney run for the Cats. You just had to know that it was going to catch up to them. Anyway I sure did enjoy it.

I'm absolutely heartbroken after this game, but truly devastated for those boys in blue. What a great run those guys took us on. This will go down as my favorite tournament run of all time. Thanks for the run.

You ready to talk about the UConn D yet spin? They dominated Michigan State, Florida and UK on that end. Dominated...
They were outstanding. Poor execution by the Cats. UConn stopped the dribble penetration, and UK still left their feet and then proceeded to try to throw it back out to waiting UConn guards at least 5 possessions. Shabazz was outstanding, best player in the tournament. And like I said, if UK loses, it will be at the line. I didn't think that the direct ball pressure was the overriding factor in this one. Team defense was.

Although UK lost, this was the most enjoyable tournament I can remember in a long time.

Fortunately, I have a spot on my blue shaded glasses that is clear. I was able to thoroughly enjoy the way Shabazz Napier plays the game while looking through that part of the shades.

 

I don't follow NBA draft projections very much but I can't imagine he's not a 1st-round pick if you need a PG.

I know we all get caught up in the emotion of it being a national title game, but that was an ugly game from both sides. For as good as Napier was, he had more turnovers than assists and looked out of sorts for a chunk of the game. Great intangibles though. I am in the minority but I thought UK was solid defensively; the UConn guards just made more challenging shots at critical moments. Obviously UConn was good defensively and the biggest reason UK couldn't get to the glass. It is not an excuse, but you can't fully dismiss the toll it takes on a team after playing 4 straight games like UK played.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.