Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know we have been talking about the Harrisons not being able to handle UConn and the pressure D. The Harrisons had 7 turnovers combined and Napier and Boatwright had 7 turnovers combined.

It's not about the turnovers, they couldn't get any penetration or get inside of the defense

Not read the entire thread but my take -

1. Free throws

2. Inability to run a SET on the offensive end to exploit mis-matches

3. Free throws

4. Inability to run a SET on the offensive end to exploit mis-matches

I thought Dakari missed some really easy opportunities early, then disappeared.

Thats all on Andrew IMO. Andrew Played with his back to the defender and basket almost the whole game, hard to get it down low when you can't see him

Thats all on Andrew IMO. Andrew Played with his back to the defender and basket almost the whole game, hard to get it down low when you can't see him

That's what early turnovers and ball pressure will do for you.

Not all on Harrison in my opinion. Johnson spends much of his time out around the top of the key trying to set picks, and he is not a good pick and roll type of player at this time. Lee would have been more effective in the pick and roll, but he kept getting lost on the defensive end while he was in the game.

Not read the entire thread but my take -

1. Free throws

2. Inability to run a SET on the offensive end to exploit mis-matches

3. Free throws

4. Inability to run a SET on the offensive end to exploit mis-matches

You're forgetting: NOT getting to loose balls.

Not all on Harrison in my opinion. Johnson spends much of his time out around the top of the key trying to set picks, and he is not a good pick and roll type of player at this time. Lee would have been more effective in the pick and roll, but he kept getting lost on the defensive end while he was in the game.

I think this is the game that we missed WCS more than any. His quickness on D and O would have helped a lot along with his shot blocking presence in general.