Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

Featured Replies

The only call I have a problem with is that charge on Poythress. First time I have seen a charge called when the guy who supposedly made the contact was moving away from the defender. That was bad.

That is the only one I really have a

problem with also. I believe we were either 3 or 4 down at that point so even if they call it blocking and he makes the ft we still don't have the lead. Even if we did, we couldn't hold them. Basically it comes down to both of Cal's losses in the finals have been because of bad free throw shooting. No one to blame their but UK.

  • Replies 267
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was the only one I found to be unbelievably glaring as well. Clear case of an official that had decided what was going to happen in advance. Would've been the third on Boatright I believe if they called a block, but honestly, it should've been a play on.

 

It was an all time flop. Hall of Famer...

That was the only one I found to be unbelievably glaring as well. Clear case of an official that had decided what was going to happen in advance. Would've been the third on Boatright I believe if they called a block, but honestly, it should've been a play on.

 

They also mugged Young on a drive before that bogus charge and never called it.

The star of the game for U Conn was Boatwright IMO. I know Napier hit those threes and I can see why he was named player of the game, but Boatwright was great defensively and hit several big shots.

UConn won the glass, UK turned it over 13 times and it still came down to missed FTs. Such a small margin of error with the title on the line...

He's used to watching OTHER teams play for championships.

 

I feel sorry for guys like this.

Something else that is being ignored is the fact that UK was also out rebounded. For having the size, they lost it off the boards IMO.

It was an all time flop. Hall of Famer...

 

It was a Wojo

I just can't really lay anything at the feet of the officials. They called enough fouls UK's way that UK got to the line for 24 free throws. But they missed 11 in a game they lost by 6. The worst was when Andrew missed the front end of the 1 and 1 down 54-50. There was still around 4 minutes left in the game I believe. UConn came down and hit a shot to go up 6, when it could have just as easily been a 2 point game. UK never got within 4 again.

I am probably mis reading a couple of comments by Cal so I won't name them. I will just say that I really hope that coach Calpari stays, does not leave U.K..

I look for several players to go, hopefully we will have a few with experience that comes back next season.

On to the Reds now.

Refs weren't the difference but they did kill UK's momentum. UK just couldn't handle UConns defense. Free throws weren't the issue IMO. They played like freshman finally in the Tourney. Oh well it happens, on to the next season

It was an all time flop. Hall of Famer...

 

Reminded me of Shabazz in 2011

I would not have believed it if you told me before the game that UConn would out rebound the Cats.

I actually am not too uupset about the game. Probably because as soon as the game was over I switched channels so I wouldn't have to listen to the interviews etc.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.