Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

The only call I have a problem with is that charge on Poythress. First time I have seen a charge called when the guy who supposedly made the contact was moving away from the defender. That was bad.

That is the only one I really have a

problem with also. I believe we were either 3 or 4 down at that point so even if they call it blocking and he makes the ft we still don't have the lead. Even if we did, we couldn't hold them. Basically it comes down to both of Cal's losses in the finals have been because of bad free throw shooting. No one to blame their but UK.

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That was the only one I found to be unbelievably glaring as well. Clear case of an official that had decided what was going to happen in advance. Would've been the third on Boatright I believe if they called a block, but honestly, it should've been a play on.

It was an all time flop. Hall of Famer...

That was the only one I found to be unbelievably glaring as well. Clear case of an official that had decided what was going to happen in advance. Would've been the third on Boatright I believe if they called a block, but honestly, it should've been a play on.

They also mugged Young on a drive before that bogus charge and never called it.

I just can't really lay anything at the feet of the officials. They called enough fouls UK's way that UK got to the line for 24 free throws. But they missed 11 in a game they lost by 6. The worst was when Andrew missed the front end of the 1 and 1 down 54-50. There was still around 4 minutes left in the game I believe. UConn came down and hit a shot to go up 6, when it could have just as easily been a 2 point game. UK never got within 4 again.

I am probably mis reading a couple of comments by Cal so I won't name them. I will just say that I really hope that coach Calpari stays, does not leave U.K..

I look for several players to go, hopefully we will have a few with experience that comes back next season.

On to the Reds now.

Refs weren't the difference but they did kill UK's momentum. UK just couldn't handle UConns defense. Free throws weren't the issue IMO. They played like freshman finally in the Tourney. Oh well it happens, on to the next season