Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Connecticut 60 Kentucky 54

Featured Replies

This game doesn't hurt, sting, leave a bad taste or anything else negative with me...UK is the NCAA Runner Up, who would have thought that 3 weeks, 8 weeks or 12 weeks ago? Could have easily won this game but didn't...oh well I'll sleep well tonight. Great Season...6 months and change til Big Blue Madness!!!

  • Replies 267
  • Views 29k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're probably a joy to watch games with.

 

He's used to watching OTHER teams play for championships.

I'm happy they made it this far, but the problem with the teams makeup is that if they don't win it all then it's tough to see them with great chance the next year because they lose everybody every year.

 

That Unfortunatly is the problem, you can't go to bed thinking "this team is young and can only get better" because they are gone after tonight

 

That is the pill we have to swallow every year and unless they keep half the freshman then it's starting over every year.

 

It's pretty hard dealing with this every year. :rolleyes:

Cal got a laugh from the press room we will be pretty good next year because they all are coming back.

They did, but a couple of those calls were total momentum killers. When even GT admits it, you KNOW it's bad. :-)

 

I have been calling it like I see it for 13 years on this site. Not my fault if you see it the wrong way... :D

Cal just got asked about the Lakers job and that it was put out by Rex Chapman. his words were the Lakers have a coach and so does Kentucky and that he had the best job in the world and he wasn't going to dignify it with a response.

 

Well that pretty much seals it for me.

 

 

In the words of Ken Harrelson. He gone.

They did, but a couple of those calls were total momentum killers. When even GT admits it, you KNOW it's bad. :-)

 

Especially when our margin of error was small tonight.

The AAC is the greatest conference in the history of college basketball. They have now won 100% of the tourneys played while they've been a conference.

Watching Cal's press conference I have to admit he looks relieved that the season is over.

It's pretty hard dealing with this every year. :rolleyes:

I think it is, but it's the nature of the beast as long as Cal is here.

 

I love what Cal does, but at the same time I hate not getting to know the players like we used to. I mean watching them grow, having my kid have a favorite player as they grow and mature into dominating seniors or even juniors.

 

The "you need a program to tell the players apart" syndrome is just what we have here.

Stats are almost dead even.

Except for the main one. Free throw misses. It beat us tonight, plain and simple.

 

UConn has a good team, but got a few calls their way or we still win IMO.

The AAC is the greatest conference in the history of college basketball. They have now won 100% of the tourneys played while they've been a conference.

 

:lol2:

 

This is a very silly game sometimes.

No Excuses. One Glaring, unexpected difference I that imo was a huge factor was that U.K. Got Beat On The Boards. Aside from rebounding U.K. just flat missing shots and FT's down the stretch was the last nail in the coffin. 13 t/o's, 13-24 (54%) FT shooting, not making the plays in the last 5 min.. proved to beat the Cats. I do believe that U.K. was more talented, UConn is also very good and their experience showed when it had to. S. Napier is the definition of a leader, no doubt he is the real deal at pg. UConn's overall team quickness, S. Napier's outstanding play on both ends of the floor was key. Previous games the Cats made the plays, tonight we didn't and UConn did - end of story

What a tournament run by this U.K. Team,( I had them losing in the 2nd round to Wichita St.). This U.K. team came together and made one of the most exciting runs that I have seen any U.K. team make in the tourney.

Kudos to UConn, they had a great, unexpected run as well, the difference was they finished it.

 

Box score .......

 

Kentucky Wildcats vs. Connecticut Huskies - NCAA Tournament Game - Box Score - April 07, 2014 - ESPN

Edited by oldrambler

The only call I have a problem with is that charge on Poythress. First time I have seen a charge called when the guy who supposedly made the contact was moving away from the defender. That was bad.

The only call I have a problem with is that charge on Poythress. First time I have seen a charge called when the guy who supposedly made the contact was moving away from the defender. That was bad.

 

That was the only one I found to be unbelievably glaring as well. Clear case of an official that had decided what was going to happen in advance. Would've been the third on Boatright I believe if they called a block, but honestly, it should've been a play on.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.