What's Your Favorite Sandwich?

Colonels_Wear_Blue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I've not seen mentioned is the meatloaf sandwich. My mom always made great meatloaf, and I (and dad and my brother) always made sure she made a bunch so that we could have the meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I've not had meatloaf in years because I fear it won't measure up to momma's, though. Seems like meatloaf isn't a regular on most dinner tables the way it was when I was growing up.

I hear you. With vacation right around the corner, I've a feeling I will be visiting one of Mr. Kadetz's establishments while back home. I'm dying for a potato pancake and a reuben. Do they still keep the big buckets of pickles out on the tables?

Went to lunch at Izzy's in Florence the other day for the first time. Was very disappointed in two things - Service and no pickles on table. Had to ask for them. And service was horrible. Was late for a meeting when got back to work. Was ok though as boss was at lunch with me! But - the Reuben and potato pancake were as good as ever!

One thing I've not seen mentioned is the meatloaf sandwich. My mom always made great meatloaf, and I (and dad and my brother) always made sure she made a bunch so that we could have the meatloaf sandwiches the next day. I've not had meatloaf in years because I fear it won't measure up to momma's, though. Seems like meatloaf isn't a regular on most dinner tables the way it was when I was growing up.

It was a staple when I was growing up. And yes, the next day's sandwiches - hot or cold - were a treat.

Where is this place actually located MJ ?

I think I saw that highlighted on the food channel recently. It was in Midway.

Just checked...yep, I was right: http://www.wallacestation.com

Wow. I just checked too and it's less than 4 miles from my house. Will have to check it out.

Yup, that is the place. Like I said, I only ate there once (about 5 years ago) but it was very good. Didn't realize that it was on the Food Channel, that is pretty cool.

Address is...

Wallace Station Deli & Bakery

3854 Old Frankfort Pike

Versailles KY, 40383

Yup, that is the place. Like I said, I only ate there once (about 5 years ago) but it was very good. Didn't realize that it was on the Food Channel, that is pretty cool.

Address is...

Wallace Station Deli & Bakery

3854 Old Frankfort Pike

Versailles KY, 40383

Drove by it yesterday and wow. At 2:15 pm people were standing outside trying to get in. Over 20 outside. It must be good. I'll have to find out another day.