Transfers

I'm not sure if the girls move around as much as the boys but has anyone heard of any significant transfers that will have big impact on next year's teams?

DCA's Lexi Baldock has decided to go back to Lincoln County.  She sat out this year while rehabbing an injured knee.  She'll be a senior this year and would have really helped DCA if she could regain her mobility and play like she did two years ago.  She should be a real asset to Lincoln's program.

4. No recruiting comments or allegations of KHSAA rules violations by any school, coach, player or booster are allowed. No comments about where any player lives, has lived, or where they are from in a recruiting context. This is not the place to report KHSAA violations. Feel free to contact Kentucky High School Athletic Association | KHSAA – Student-athletes of Today, Leaders of Tomorrow to report such violations, but do not discuss violations here.

I don’t know how true this is, but I heard a rumor that Alyssa Burkhart from Garrard County has transferred to Lincoln County as well. I know that as an eighth grader last year, she was Garrard County’s leading scorer, putting up 390 points. 

On 6/10/2024 at 12:22 PM, Shaquille_Oatmeal said:

I don’t know how true this is, but I heard a rumor that Alyssa Burkhart from Garrard County has transferred to Lincoln County as well. I know that as an eighth grader last year, she was Garrard County’s leading scorer, putting up 390 points. 

What position does she play?  

I don’t know if they will end up there this fall when school starts but Perry Central’s leading scorer last year, 5’10 guard Kyra McAlarmis, is playing summer basketball with Knott Central. Her mother was coach at Perry Central last year but was let go after the season. Kyra also has a sister in the 7th grade that’s going to be a very good player in the future and will probably play some varsity this season. I also heard that Knott Central has a girl around 6’3 that has moved in from another state. 

• Like 1

On 6/20/2024 at 9:09 AM, 24Rocks said:

Danville’s Alayah Quisenberry is supposed to be moving to Danville Christian. 

Danville Christian had the most impressive player in the Sweet 16 in March in my opinion, Grace Mbugha. 

33 minutes ago, The Professor said:

Danville Christian had the most impressive player in the Sweet 16 in March in my opinion, Grace Mbugha. 

Her game against Cooper was incredible.  Unfortunately, she’s torn her ACL.  No word on when they expect her back.  I hope they don’t try to rush things and let her completely recover.

15 hours ago, 24Rocks said:

Her game against Cooper was incredible.  Unfortunately, she’s torn her ACL.  No word on when they expect her back.  I hope they don’t try to rush things and let her completely recover.

Oh, that’s so sad! I hope she makes a complete recovery. She has such a bright basketball future.

• 3 weeks later...