2024 St. Henry Crusaders (JV & Froshmore Only)

Junior Varsity Schedule:
Aug 26 vs. Dayton 6:00pm
Aug 31 at Bishop Brossart 10:00am
Sep 7 vs. McNicholas (OH) 10:00am
Sep 14 at Boone County 10:00am
Sep 21 vs. Dixie Heights 10:00am
Sep 28 vs. Beechwood 10:00am
Oct 7 at Lawrenceburg (IN) 6:00pm
Oct 12 at Lloyd Memorial 10:00am
Oct 19 at Walton-Verona 10:00am
Oct 26 at Newport Central Catholic 10:00am

Froshmore Schedule:
Sep 30 vs. Bellevue 6:00pm
Oct 5 vs. Covington Holy Cross 10:00am
Oct 14 at Scott 6:00pm
Oct 21 vs. Scott 6:00pm

St-Henry1.jpg

• Thanks 1

Per St. Henry's athletic department, those schedules in the first post are still possibly subject to some change. It sounds like, in particular, they're looking to potentially add some froshmore games.

Their froshmore schedule also looks like it conflicts with the freshman schedule put out by Dixie. Dixie's schedule shows a freshman game at St. Henry on August 29th while St. Henry only shows Dixie on their JV schedule.

10 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

When is this teams first varsity season? Any chance this team could drop to Class 1A?

I could be wrong but I don’t think their enrollment really has them that close to being 1A. There first varsity season will be in 2025 and they will be in Beechwood’s district. 

11 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

When is this teams first varsity season? Any chance this team could drop to Class 1A?

⚔️ St. Henry, per the data found through the link below ~ 

• Has the smallest 2A Boys' enrollment figure - 191. 

• Newport has the largest 1A Boys' enrollment figure - 186.5.

🔗 khsaa.org/sports-sport-activities/fall/football 

⬇️

"2025 and 2026 Football Alignment, All Football School Data" 

🤏

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Bac2369 said:

18 minutes ago, Runcible Owl said:

⚔️ St. Henry, per the data found through the link below ~ 

• Has the smallest 2A Boys' enrollment figure - 191. 

• Newport has the largest 1A Boys' enrollment figure - 186.5.

🔗 khsaa.org/sports-sport-activities/fall/football 

⬇️

"2025 and 2026 Football Alignment, All Football School Data" 

🤏

First varsity season will be 2025. 2025-26 alignment is set so St. Henry will be 2A for those two years. My guess is St. Henry will not drop to 2A in 2027. I expect their boys enrollment to increase and credit to adding football for that. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

First varsity season will be 2025. 2025-26 alignment is set so St. Henry will be 2A for those two years. My guess is St. Henry will not drop to 2A in 2027. I expect their boys enrollment to increase and credit to adding football for that. 

That is going to be some welcome to Kentucky High School Football for the Cru.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, theguru said:

That is going to be some welcome to Kentucky High School Football for the Cru.

Everyone starts somewhere. The 2A district they will be in is not overwhelming as a whole. There will be games in there they should be able to compete in from the start. Maybe not year one but year two I expect wins in the district for St. Henry. Bracken, Gallatin and Owen Counties can be up and down. There is a lot of football potential at St. Henry.

2 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

Everyone starts somewhere. The 2A district they will be in is not overwhelming as a whole. There will be games in there they should be able to compete in from the start. Maybe not year one but year two I expect wins in the district for St. Henry. Bracken, Gallatin and Owen Counties can be up and down. There is a lot of football potential at St. Henry.

I know, the district is like hiking around Kentucky and then all of a sudden you find yourself at Olympus Mons.  

• Like 1

Does anyone have any knowledge about potential playmakers for the Cru? Or knowledge at all about where their football players are feeding in from? There has to be a good amount of players coming in that were not already students at St. Henry prior to them not having football. Coach has Ohio ties, maybe new landing spot for kids crossing the river into Kentucky (lol)? 

5 hours ago, Honey Badger said:

Does anyone have any knowledge about potential playmakers for the Cru? Or knowledge at all about where their football players are feeding in from? There has to be a good amount of players coming in that were not already students at St. Henry prior to them not having football. Coach has Ohio ties, maybe new landing spot for kids crossing the river into Kentucky (lol)? 

I have heard enrollment had a nice jump in the incoming 9th grade. It is interesting if you look at St. Henry's enrollment in the link above. There are about 50 more girls enrolled than boys - 248 girls to 191 boys. I look for football to balance that out. I was surprised by those numbers. I thought St. Henry was over 500 total enrollment.

2 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

I have heard enrollment had a nice jump in the incoming 9th grade. It is interesting if you look at St. Henry's enrollment in the link above. There are about 50 more girls enrolled than boys - 248 girls to 191 boys. I look for football to balance that out. I was surprised by those numbers. I thought St. Henry was over 500 total enrollment.

I had a conversation a few years back with a couple of St. Henry faculty members about enrollment numbers. They said that they battle a couple of things, historically. It largely derives from the fact that traditionally St. Henry has primarily served the Erlanger/Elsmere area and Boone County. They retain a lot of kids from the Erlanger and Elsmere area who have gone through the St. Henry and Mary Queen of Heaven grade schools, but the percentage of kids in Catholic schools in Erlanger and Elsemere is lower due to income demographics. Then there were only two Catholic grade schools in all of Boone County (St. Paul and Immaculate Heart of Mary) up until the 90s. Now there's also St. Timothy in Union and St. Joseph Academy in Walton. St. Paul has shrunken due to demographics, and also a lot of the families that were once in Florence have moved out to Union and Walton so the addition of the two schools there *has* added a little to St. Henry High School, but not a ton because a lot of them are just relocated St. Paul families.

Then the teachers I talked to also said that they feel like the tendency in Kenton and Campbell Counties to have some kids in public schools who then move to Catholic high schools isn't quite as big a factor in Boone County because they felt the Boone County public schools generally offered a better high school product than Kenton County School District and Campbell County School District does.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1