2024 Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado

8c9cna.thumb.jpg.dd5ec357efe3730e4c59d412140e942b.jpg

2023 Outcome

Record: 13-1

A point-a-minute offense helped produce PT's first unbeaten regular season in twenty years, including the first win over Mayfield in nearly that long. A five hour playoff trek to Park Hills and stingy CovCath defense stalled the Tornado shy of Kroger Field.

🔗 Paducah Tilghman's 2023 Statistical Leaders

🎓 JoeAvion Starks (WR) | Banks Lafont (WR) | Tomago Daniels (OL) | Uriah Virzi (LB) | Dariante Ragsdale (DB) | Amari Williams (DB) 

🔙 Jack James (QB) | Martels Carter Jr. (ATH) | Demarkus Wilson (RB) | Josh Campbell (WR) | Jarvis Strickland (OL) | Nick Fox (OL) | Jamarion Franklin (OL) | NyYon Fitzgerald (DL) | Jimmy Mooney (LB) | Kylan Ware (LB/DB) | Xsavier Cleary (DL) | Morgan Jackson (DL) | Julian O'Malley (LB) | Jatayvion Rouse (DB)

2024 Outlook

The talent is never in question, only consistency and discipline. Last year saw a major step toward bringing it all together. The bulk of last year's talent returns, including record setting quarterback Jack James and Martels Carter Jr., a future high level collegiate athlete who can score from anywhere on the field. Offensive lineman Jarvis Strickland and his growing list of D1 offers returns, as well. Add thousand yard rusher Wilson to the mix and several starters back on defense, and Tilghman has the inside track to preseason #2 in 4A behind Boyle County.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BEChargers said:

As of today, I believe PT has the best shot to put an end to Boyle's run.  I like Boyle's chances but I think PT has a better shot than the rest of 4A. 

I agree! They got what it takes, BUT an undisciplined team will never beat Boyle County. They do have the athletes to match up with Boyle. 

Bringing back one of the better QB’s in Jack James (SR) with experience and a plethora of weapons at his disposal is what every Offensive Coach wants. The goal is to win a state championship and the first key ingredient is a QB who can get you there, they have that at PT.

Martels Carter Jr (SR) may be the best football player in the state of Kentucky, just an all around star who has a knack for the ball defensively and creates big plays offensively. We should be watching him on Saturdays in the SEC in a couple of years. They also bring back their 1k rusher DJ Wilson (JR) runs low to the ground and has great vision, if he’s able to gain some speed this off season that’s going to become an even bigger threat out of the backfield.

I agree with the statement above if anybody can complete let alone beat the almighty Rebs who have ran off 4 straight Championships it’s going to be the Blue Tornado. Best of luck this offseason to Coach Thompson and his bunch.

• Like 1

The stable of WRs that they will have next year will once again be impressive.  You mentioned Carter and Campbell above.  There’s also JD Perry and Shemari Thomas.  And there are some others waiting in the wings.  Don’t for get about the coach’s son - Avery Thompson will be a Freshman next year and he will be a solid player!

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, BigBlue92 said:

Is there a punishment for dropping a team that you have a two year agreement with?

As far as I know there isn't any kind of "punishment" that comes down from the KHSAA. The agreements made for games are done in the form of contracts, so if one team breaks the contract, then any penalty for breaking the contract would be detailed in the contract itself.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...