2024 Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado

1 hour ago, Westernside said:

Contracts are normally $2,000 -$3,000 I believe.

Times may have changed but 3000 seemed to be the magic agreed upon amount for a long time.  But again, things may have changed.  

17 hours ago, PTHSalumni said:

Does anyone know what kind of penalty teams have for canceling a contract? Seems like PT wouldn't mind having to pay to find a better team. I know they've cancelled basketball games in the past for a variety of reasons, not sure how football would be different.

Is it your understanding that PT is trying to get out of a game (or two) to schedule some better competition? 

4 hours ago, theguru said:

Is it your understanding that PT is trying to get out of a game (or two) to schedule some better competition? 

No, I do not have any inside information. Wish I did. Hopefully some of the teams on the schedule will have a better-than-expected season and PT can have some competition. 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The schedule is what it is at this point. Everyone would like to see a tough schedule for PT this year but that ain't possible or realistic now. Would need to buy out a current contract, find a replacement with the same availability and with a reasonable distance.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I have transferred for my last year to Paducah Tilghman High School @Rivals @SeanW_Rivals @On3Recruits @SWiltfong_ @shaynep_media @DubJellison @ChadSimmons_ @CKennedy247 @beyond_grind @scoop1914 @pths_football pic.twitter.com/ENYFLDxbwh

— Vanzale Hinton (@VanzaleH) April 15, 2024

I have transferred for my last year to Paducah Tilghman High School @Rivals @SeanW_Rivals @On3Recruits @SWiltfong_ @shaynep_media @DubJellison @ChadSimmons_ @CKennedy247 @beyond_grind @scoop1914 @pths_football pic.twitter.com/g1ZlIT2BXP

— Michael Hinton (@Michaelhintonjr) April 15, 2024

I believe Paducah Tilghman is genuinely stock piling enough talent to beat Boyle Co!

Was the tweet deleted?

24 minutes ago, BillNye said:

I believe Paducah Tilghman is genuinely stock piling enough talent to beat Boyle Co!

They better keep adding more. Corbin tried the same and it didn’t work for them either. PT got put out by a team BC beat 41-0 so they will need a whole Cold War worth of stock pile!

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, CAT DIESEL POWER said:

They better keep adding more. Corbin tried the same and it didn’t work for them either. PT got put out by a team BC beat 41-0 so they will need a whole Cold War worth of stock pile!

While your point is valid, I think many people thought last year's Tilghman team was a better matchup for Boyle than CovCath. Football is all about matchups and sometimes A is better than B, B better than C, but C better than A. I don't know if Paducah Tilghman will be good enough to beat Boyle County, but I do hope we get a chance to see those two teams play.

• Like 2

On 3/20/2024 at 12:01 PM, gridiron guy said:

I would think Russellville would mutually agree not to play that game IMO.

Russellville is typically solid but after their run to the finals they graduated a ton. They might want to cancel, but they might also want to challenge themselves against a top-tier program like Tilghman in an effort to help prepare themselves for the better teams in Class 1A.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BillNye said:

15 hours ago, theguru said:

Was the tweet deleted?

It looks like the tweets were deleted. The Hinton twins both played last year at East Hamilton High School down near Chattanooga, TN. The team was 6-5 and lost in the opening round of the 5A playoffs in Tennessee last year (the second-largest class).

Vanzale is a 3-star WR/CB, Class of 2025. Last year in 10 games played he had 58 receptions for 850 yards and 10 touchdowns. That's about 6 receptions per game and 15 yards per catch. On defense he had 37 silo tackles,5 assisted tackles, 1 interception, and 1 fumble recovery. He currently holds offers from Liberty University, Miami (OH), UT Martin, Wofford College, Memphis, Middle Tennessee, Purdue, Austin Peay, Toledo, Tulane, and Eastern Kentucky.

Michael is a RB/LB, Class of 2025. In 10 games played he had 132 carries for 675 yards and 8 touchdowns. That figures to a little over 5 yards per carry. On defense he had 55 solo tackles, 21 assisted tackles, 1 sack and 2 fumble recoveries. I don't believe he's received any college offers yet.

Vanzale's Twitter and Hudl accounts still show him as being at East Hamilton, but Michael's show him as a Paducah-Tilghman student.

• Thanks 1