Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

2024 Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado

Featured Replies

  • Replies 122
  • Views 26.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Popular Posts

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Carter will be making his college decision tomorrow. He has narrowed it down to his top 4 out of many offers he has received.  He will be going to Auburn, Colorado, Kentucky or Louisville. 

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    QB Jack James picked up an offer from Kentucky today and I would suspect there will be many more added as time goes by. Stoops and Marrow made a stop at Tilghman to talk to several of the guys. 

  • TilghmanPride
    TilghmanPride

    Congrats to PT qb Jack James on winning the state championship in wrestling in the 215 lb class this afternoon. Lb Uriah Virzi finished 2nd at 190 lbs. Lb Jimmy Mooney finished 3rd at 285.  PT fi

Posted Images

4 hours ago, gchs_uk9 said:

While your point is valid, I think many people thought last year's Tilghman team was a better matchup for Boyle than CovCath. Football is all about matchups and sometimes A is better than B, B better than C, but C better than A. I don't know if Paducah Tilghman will be good enough to beat Boyle County, but I do hope we get a chance to see those two teams play.

Yeah believe it or not I know a little bit about how the game of football works so I understand matchups. I may not comprehend it to the level that you do. However, one thing I do comprehend is that against Cov Cath PT had less than 300 yards of total offense and only 14 pts. Now again I may not be the best at understanding but Cov Cath was not even close to the #1 defense and that same defense gave up 41 pts and over 400 yards to Boyle. No matchup scenario A to Z overcomes that period.

4 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

My thought looking at teams, common opponents and scores is PT had no chance against Boyle last year. I went to calpreps.com and that site confirms my thought:

Boyle Co 41 PT 14

https://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2023/project_matchup2.pl

2024 might be a different story but in 2023 Boyle was on a higher level than everyone else.

I think Boyle would have wiped PT out last year.  I want to be optimistic this year but with Tilghman's schedule it will be hard to make an educated guess. 

58 minutes ago, theguru said:

I think Boyle would have wiped PT out last year.  I want to be optimistic this year but with Tilghman's schedule it will be hard to make an educated guess. 

I don't think their schedule is that bad. If they could replace Russellville with a quality opponent, it would be a solid schedule. The options are more limited in Western KY.

6 minutes ago, Voice of Reason said:

I don't think their schedule is that bad. If they could replace Russellville with a quality opponent, it would be a solid schedule. The options are more limited in Western KY.

This is one of those few times (on sports topics) that you and I disagree. ?

To the positive here, I am all in on the Blue Tornado Bandwagon this year.  I like it when new teams win state championships and Tilghman somehow beating Boyle and winning a state championship would make for a great year of 4A football. 

1 hour ago, theguru said:

To the positive here, I am all in on the Blue Tornado Bandwagon this year.  I like it when new teams win state championships and Tilghman somehow beating Boyle and winning a state championship would make for a great year of 4A football. 

Is it to late to get the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus in on your wish list?

20 minutes ago, Country said:

Is it to late to get the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus in on your wish list?

If Tilghman beats Boyle I will be shocked, just saying. 

Let's take out Russellville, which we all agree needs to be replaced on the PT schedule. Beyond that, PT has the defending 2A champion, the 5A district 1 runner up, the 6A District 1 first place team and another 6A team but their schedule is terrible? If PT could replace Russellville with a top level 3A-6A team, their non district schedule will be above average to top 10, depending on who they can replace Russellville with.

9 hours ago, Voice of Reason said:

Let's take out Russellville, which we all agree needs to be replaced on the PT schedule. Beyond that, PT has the defending 2A champion, the 5A district 1 runner up, the 6A District 1 first place team and another 6A team but their schedule is terrible? If PT could replace Russellville with a top level 3A-6A team, their non district schedule will be above average to top 10, depending on who they can replace Russellville with.

Mayfield and Henderson County are the only two good teams on their schedule. I know they're pushed far out West, but they should be able to play a really good team out of Nashville each year. Boyle played Gibson Southern and it's not like that killed their RPI. With PT going undefeated and still having the fifth best RPI, (albeit I know RPI isn't the end all be all), but it does sort of show they need to beef up their schedule. 

4 minutes ago, DearToday said:

Mayfield and Henderson County are the only two good teams on their schedule. I know they're pushed far out West, but they should be able to play a really good team out of Nashville each year. Boyle played Gibson Southern and it's not like that killed their RPI. With PT going undefeated and still having the fifth best RPI, (albeit I know RPI isn't the end all be all), but it does sort of show they need to beef up their schedule. 

Sounds like your saying Graves county is not a good team which they are.

10 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

Sounds like your saying Graves county is not a good team which they are.

How do you define good? Graves was 8-4 last year didn't win their district and was put out of the playoff 51-3. They were put out by the eventual state title winner in that class but even in RPI they finished 11th in their class. All of this in a class that most people don't consider to be very strong right now. So do you care to elaborate on why you consider them to be a good opponent?

53 minutes ago, Golf2074 said:

Sounds like your saying Graves county is not a good team which they are.

The best team Graves beat all year was Greenwood and they got shellacked by Bowling Green 51-3. I'm not sure how good of a year that is. Good with wins and losses I guess. 

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

Mayfield and Henderson County are the only two good teams on their schedule. I know they're pushed far out West, but they should be able to play a really good team out of Nashville each year. Boyle played Gibson Southern and it's not like that killed their RPI. With PT going undefeated and still having the fifth best RPI, (albeit I know RPI isn't the end all be all), but it does sort of show they need to beef up their schedule. 

You are aware there were 5 teams who finished the season 10-0 so one of them had to be 5th in RPI! 

1 hour ago, DearToday said:

The best team Graves beat all year was Greenwood and they got shellacked by Bowling Green 51-3. I'm not sure how good of a year that is. Good with wins and losses I guess. 

Graves was in a 3 way tie for 1st place in their district and beat Madisonville on the road who were in and out of the top 10 in 5A and lost to Owensboro at home 28-21, beat Greenwood who was a  top 10 team in 5A at the close of the season.  Yea they got beat by BG in the playoffs but that is a top 10 team in the entire state.  let's not forget the McCracken team they beat late in the year who went on to beat Henderson in the 2nd round.  I think Graves Co deserves a little more respect than what they are given in Western KY football.  Heck in the last 15 years what is their record against PT especially before they became transfer U for Chattanooga players. 

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.