2024 Paducah Tilghman Blue Tornado

On 1/13/2024 at 10:38 PM, BEChargers said:

As of today, I believe PT has the best shot to put an end to Boyle's run.  I like Boyle's chances but I think PT has a better shot than the rest of 4A. 

Agreed. I wish we could have seen a Tilghman/Boyle game last year. I know CovCath beat Tilghman, but football is all about matchups and I think those two would have played an entertaining game.

• Like 5

Congrats to PT qb Jack James on winning the state championship in wrestling in the 215 lb class this afternoon. Lb Uriah Virzi finished 2nd at 190 lbs. Lb Jimmy Mooney finished 3rd at 285. 

PT finished 4th as a team, in large part to the football guys who also wrestle. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, TilghmanPride said:

Congrats to PT qb Jack James on winning the state championship in wrestling in the 215 lb class this afternoon. Lb Uriah Virzi finished 2nd at 190 lbs. Lb Jimmy Mooney finished 3rd at 285. 

PT finished 4th as a team, in large part to the football guys who also wrestle. 

Does James play defense? Sounds like he was be a great Linebacker.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, PTHSalumni said:

Who agrees with me that Tilghman needs to schedule LCA and Bowling Green next season? Both are supposed to be loaded, so it would be a huge test for the Blue.

2024? The schedules are already made since its year two of most contracts. I do think it would behoove them to add a couple teams like that in 2025-26, maybe someone like Bowling Green or Owensboro that are in the western part of the state and therefore a little closer to Tilghman.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PTHSalumni said:

Who agrees with me that Tilghman needs to schedule LCA and Bowling Green next season? Both are supposed to be loaded, so it would be a huge test for the Blue.

I think Tilghman needs a couple of teams on their schedule they may or may not beat.  They have to be ready to win a state championship this year. 

• Like 3

On 2/23/2024 at 8:06 PM, RunTheBallCoach said:

That coaching staff doesn’t want a tough schedule. They want to run the score up and pad stats so they can make the barge man happy. 

Please tell me geographically who else they could schedule. South Warren didn’t renew the contract and that game was attempted to be replaced with BG or Owensboro! The rest of a week schedule comes from district play and the Russellville game was definitely not a first choice!

I know they don't get any points for it, but Henry County, TN is a tough opponent. Or maybe some of the Nashville teams we used to play. Surely with Carter getting national attention they could find somebody worthwhile somewhere. LOL

• Like 1