Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions

gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I hope Highlands gets #85 more involved this week, he has excellent size. Who is that #69 for Highlands, he is a big boy, but must be really young. With JC being a run only team you have to think he plays some.

#85 is Junior WR/LB, David Hogue.

#69 must be a Freshman.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I had no clue about any Ohio teams or what they ran. I just wanted to know what it would take be beat a team as awesome as HHS. Like I said they must have been an awesome team to HHS.

Lets not forget that this was the first big game without Mr. Football candidate Josh Conner at their disposal, just as it has been all season. If Mr. Conner gets his game legs under him finally and get the passing game kickin, it will be lights out from her on out against anyone left in the way....Don't forget Josh ran for over 1700 yds. as a junior and is just now coming back from a major injury...... HHS, I believe has yet to put together a complete game on both sides of the ball.........just my opinion. It will be scary when they do.....and they will before the end of year imo.:eek:

Not sure of the name of #69, but he is a freshman. He isn't on the varsity roster.

He got in for a play against Station and he laid an Ashland back out in the back field last night. He has to be around 6'3" 260lbs. With JC being run only I wonder if Dale has any plans for him this week.

I will take Johnson Central in a dog fight, 36-35.

So you think JC will score more points than Colerain on the Birds? They will put up 36 points on what I think is statistically the least scored on team in 5A in the state?

If JC wins I think it can't be a shootout.

Here's how Johnson Central scored 33 of their 49 points last night.

JC -- Nate Dillon 52 run

JC -- Chase Richardson 48 run

JC -- Richardson 57 run (kick failed)

JC -- J.K. Hall 27 run

Rushing: Chase Richardson 22 carries for 227 yds. (10.32 avg.), Nate Dillon 14 carries for 111 yds (7.93 avg.).

Obviously, it looks like we need to focus on keeping them from breaking off the big run.

He got in for a play against Station and he laid an Ashland back out in the back field last night. He has to be around 6'3" 260lbs. With JC being run only I wonder if Dale has any plans for him this week.

Honestly I think if Highlands goes with a few 5-3 sets it will really cause JC problems. It will force the o-lineman to double somewhere which leaves more LB's to roam free.

I'd say he should see a little time in this game.

JC -- Nate Dillon 52 run

JC -- J.K. Hall 27 run

Obviously, it looks like we need to focus on keeping them from breaking off the big run.

Those 5 plays accounted for just over 35% of their total yards.

I think the X factor is if JC gets a 1 or 2 TD lead, Highlands can pass their way out of the hole. If Highlands gets a 2 TD lead, JC not being able to pass will run the ball down and run out the clock. JC may be able to drive the ball but Highlands being such a fast unit shouldn't give up big runs, it will probably take a long sustained drive from JC.

JC -- Nate Dillon 52 run

JC -- J.K. Hall 27 run

Don't let those long runs fool you. The reason they had several long td runs is because with Covcath playing 9 in the box, all within 2 yards of the ball, all JC had to do was get to the outside and they were gone since there was nobody at the second level. JC likes to use VERY CLOSE splits with their lineman so the outside is open if the inside run isn't there. Have your D-ends contain and clog the middle and JC will have a very tough time running the ball.

I think the X factor is if JC gets a 1 or 2 TD lead, Highlands can pass their way out of the hole. If Highlands gets a 2 TD lead, JC not being able to pass will run the ball down and run out the clock. JC may be able to drive the ball but Highlands being such a fast unit shouldn't give up big runs, it will probably take a long sustained drive from JC.

Bingo. And when Covcath actually forced JC to sustain a drive, you saw them struggle and get blown up more in the backfield because their run plays take so long to develop. JC relies HEAVILY on the big play. If you can force them in to 3rd and 5, 3rd and 6, you'll see them start to struggle because it's easier to bring more people to apply more pressure.

Guest Birdflu
Thanks for clearing it up. Didn't see him on the varsity roster and just assumed he was a freshman.

I may be wrong, but I think he is a transfer from another school and maybe another state.