Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions

gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Some fans maybe, but not all of us. This game is going to be a war. JC will come out and try to set the smash mouth tone, HHS will respond and not be intimidated, and it will be game on big time. It will be a close one.

And for those HHS fans that truly believe that we can't be beat by a one dimensional offense, I can point out specific games in our past (some in our recent past) where that has occurred.

Nothing but respect from this Highlands fan for JC (one of the very few HHS posters that has actually seen JC play in person this year and thus has some knowledge to support his post). This will be a very close game.

Good point, I should have put in that disclaimer but not being an attorney I don't always think before I type. Most of the fans I know have what I call a concerned confidence about next week. They certainly know that JC has the team that can beat the Birds but they believe if we stay focused and cut out the turnovers and penalties we win. Me, I keep remembering Colerain's offense and am also looking for a close game. Go Birds!

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that many think that JC has no passing game but why would you pass when you are up big and the other team is not stopping the run? I hear this all the time on here but I for one think why show something to a future opponent when you don't have to. Just my opinion. :thumb:

Agreed. HHS was accused of the same thing last year and they certainly could pass when they needed to.

As a 1995 graduate and long, loooong time supporter of Central football, I am only happy that our program has reached a point where even one or two people outside of Johnson County would give us a snowball's chance against Highlands. Having watched the football team in my four years of HS go 2-8, 0-10, 4-6, and 3-7 and miss the playoffs for four straight years, I dreamed that one day it might be on this level, where you could actually put "Johnson Central" and "state contenders" in the same sentence without laughing. It didn't seem possible then. It doesn't even seem real now. It's like some kind of surrealistic dream.

I'd just like to thank Coach Matney, the staff, the players, and the fans for helping get Golden Eagle to the level it occupies today. For a program that never ever made a playoff game in its first quarter century of football, I'd like to think we've come a tremendously long way in the last five years, whether we win or lose against Highlands Friday night. It's been a tremendous source of pride for everyone like me who ever bled black and gold. This Eagle will always be there in spirit, even if it only involves listening to the games on internet radio here in Orlando. GO EAGLES!

I know that many think that JC has no passing game but why would you pass when you are up big and the other team is not stopping the run? I hear this all the time on here but I for one think why show something to a future opponent when you don't have to. Just my opinion. :thumb:

HHS is an outstanding team and JC will have to have the game of thier life to beat them. For some of you old HHS fans, Matney gave Lorenzon and Smith a scare while he was at Sheldon Clark. How does this team compare to that team?

I am a UK fan and I hope they are talking with Collinsworth. Anyone now who is looking at him?

As a 1995 graduate and long, loooong time supporter of Central football, I am only happy that our program has reached a point where even one or two people outside of Johnson County would give us a snowball's chance against Highlands. Having watched the football team in my four years of HS go 2-8, 0-10, 4-6, and 3-7 and miss the playoffs for four straight years, I dreamed that one day it might be on this level, where you could actually put "Johnson Central" and "state contenders" in the same sentence without laughing. It didn't seem possible then. It doesn't even seem real now. It's like some kind of surrealistic dream.

I'd just like to thank Coach Matney, the staff, the players, and the fans for helping get Golden Eagle to the level it occupies today. For a program that never ever made a playoff game in its first quarter century of football, I'd like to think we've come a tremendously long way in the last five years, whether we win or lose against Highlands Friday night. It's been a tremendous source of pride for everyone like me who ever bled black and gold. This Eagle will always be there in spirit, even if it only involves listening to the games on internet radio here in Orlando. GO EAGLES!

I am a long time Eagle fan as well and could not have said it better. In the lean years, maybe 20 people would show up and we were the doormat of not just the state, but of the mountians. After watching those games in the lean years it is a pleasure and honor to watch our Eagles on the same field with teams like HHS. From doormat to state contender in five years is a sweet and awesome ride!

HHS is an outstanding team and JC will have to have the game of thier life to beat them. For some of you old HHS fans, Matney gave Lorenzon and Smith a scare while he was at Sheldon Clark. How does this team compare to that team?

I am a UK fan and I hope they are talking with Collinsworth. Anyone now who is looking at him?

I wouldn't consider the 44-28 HHS Sheldon Clark game to be a scare for HHS. That was 15-0 team that may have been the best ever at Highlands and one of great teams in KY history. Sheldon Clark had a very good team. The game was not nearly so close as the final score.

This is a very good Highlands team that has a lot yet to accomplish to be considered anywhere close to the '98 squad.

I hope UK is talking with Collinsworth as well. I would hate to see him end up a Gator. ;)

I am a long time Eagle fan as well and could not have said it better. In the lean years, maybe 20 people would show up and we were the doormat of not just the state, but of the mountians. After watching those games in the lean years it is a pleasure and honor to watch our Eagles on the same field with teams like HHS. From doormat to state contender in five years is a sweet and awesome ride!

I remember some low, low points, even before the Humphrey/Ross debacle. Just thinking about them seems like another lifetime. From the last game of the 1992 season, losing by a point to Boyd County at home in the freezing cold to finish an 0-10 season...the false-start penalty that killed what could've been the game winning drive in the '92 Apple Bowl...the 7-0 overtime loss at Jessamine County in '93 where Chris Bowlin ran his heart out but just couldn't get into the end zone...and then the OTHER moments...the first home playoff game (and win) against Whitley County in '97 and the next game after that, the classic on Log Mountain against Bell County...Scott Salyer's touchdown in the final minutes at Boyd County to give us our first district championship in 2000...the halfback pass to Tommy Taylor against Ashland in 2006...some great, great moments. What an unbelievable ride it's been the last 15 years for Golden Eagle fans.

He did? I was at that game and don't remember being scared or anything approaching it.

It did get ugly in the first half, but Sheldon Clark made it respectable in the second half. Really, the only thing I recall about that game was Lorenzen running around behind his o-line forever without being pressured in the least, then chucking bombs to Smith downfield for huge gains. If only the UK line had given him that kind of protection. But still, I think SC gave HHS more of a game that year than anybody else in the playoffs managed to?