gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC had pulled a miracle upset off the previous week against Belfry (a game all Belfry fans have fresh in their minds this week). That Belfry team would have matched up with Highlands a little better,especially physically, that Belfry team had defeated Ironton, OH that year who then went on to be Runner-ups in Division 4 in Ohio. But, I have no problem saying that Highlands would have beat them fairly handidly as well had they played, at least 3 TD's.

I agree Belfry may have matched up better, but of course, I would. :D

One correction, we didn't beat Ironton that year, EKU. You're thinking of 99.

Thanks for clearing it up. Didn't see him on the varsity roster and just assumed he was a freshman.

Not sure when the rosters were updated but he only just started playing with the JV recently. Not sure what the delay was as I believe he's been with the team for a while.

What did Bryan Station do that gave Highlands problems?

Bryan Station had a bigger line and they were fast. If your gonna beat Highlands you have to out run them which doesn't happen often. The kids condition year round. Colerain was the only team who could do it but they could do it to anyone other than maybe St X in KY, then again Colerain has defeated Hoover, AL and Robert E Lee, TX in recent years. They are pretty fast.

Bryan Station had a bigger line and they were fast. If your gonna beat Highlands you have to out run them which doesn't happen often. The kids condition year round. Colerain was the only team who could do it but they could do it to anyone other than maybe St X in KY, then again Colerain has defeated Hoover, AL and Robert E Lee, TX in recent years. They are pretty fast.

Sounds like Station did a pretty good job.

What did Bryan Station do that gave Highlands problems?

Not taking anything away from BS, but it was more a matter or what HHS didn't do than what BS did. HHS didn't execute in many situations, and it was caused by BS play.