gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did JC only beat a 1-10 Shelby County team by a touchdown 36-29?

Because that's the game where Shelby County's star quarterback (who's a top 100 prospect nationally in his class) went down for the rest of the season with a leg injury. That kid was good. Shelby had several kids go down with injuries in the second half of that game, and were never close to the same team after that happened.

Class 5A Highlands (11-1) at Johnson Central (11-1)

WHEN/WHERE: 7:30 p.m. today; 257 N. Mayo Trail, Paintsville

WHAT'S NEXT: The winner will play either Letcher County Central or Whitley County in the state semifinals.

WHAT TO WATCH: Highlands first-year starting quarterback Tony Guidugli has cultivated a trio of reliable targets: receivers Austin Collinsworth and Nick Buten and tight end Brandon Roller. All three have at least 500 yards receiving and three touchdowns. Guidugli has been accurate, completing 66 percent of his passes, and the Bluebirds have shown a great deal of confidence in their passing in close games. Their biggest weapon through the air is the deep ball. Don't be surprised if one of Guidugli's top receivers gets behind the Johnson Central defense for a big gain.

BOTTOM LINE: After a first-round scare against Bryan Station, Highlands appears to be back on track. Johnson Central is one of the best Class 5A teams in the state, but the Bluebirds still are favored.

I don't think JC has the speed to match Highlands but I'm not sure Highlands can stop JC if they are able to just line up and pound the ball all night. If JC gets behind and has to throw the ball it could get ugly but if they are able to manage the clock+not turn the ball over then their rushing attack can help them pull off a stunner to a lot of folks.

Go JC! It's been along time since I've been able to say that but there are a lot of guys around there I care about:)