Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions

gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Colerain lost to USA Today #19 Elder in the Ohio big school playoffs, in double OT.

Highlights of that game here:

http://wearecolerain.com/

Just scroll down and click play on the youtube video.

For the JC fans, hate to say it, but from the video you can tell that JC is no where near big, strong, or fast as Colerain. Running the ball every play may have worked for Colerain against Highlands, but it WON'T for JC.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the JC fans, hate to say it, but from the video you can tell that JC is no where near big, strong, or fast as Colerain. Running the ball every play may have worked for Colerain against Highlands, but it WON'T for JC.

On television, everybody looks bigger :D

Eta Rho is making a strong case to replace westsider as the JC fanbase's most despised BGP poster. :lol:

Eta Rho is making a strong case to replace westsider as the JC fanbase's most despised BGP poster. :lol:

Just speaking the truth my friend. I wouldn't make such comments had I not seen them in person. If you look at my initial posts, I said JC was good as advertised offensively running the ball but running the ball EVERY play wouldn't be enough to beat Highlands.

Also I don't think JC has a good enough pass defense to keep the Birds out of the end zone.

I know I'm sounding like a homer but having seen both teams, I just don't feel JC is on the same level as Highlands. If anything it will be a shoot out, with Highlands winning since IMO they have the better defense. You can mark it down if you want, but I see Highlands winning by ATLEAST 2 td's.

I was at the game and I agree with you to some extent. Highlands controlled the game and was never truly threatened. SC had a good showing and kept the game respectable, but never really put Highlands into a state of feeling the game was close.

SC had pulled a miracle upset off the previous week against Belfry (a game all Belfry fans have fresh in their minds this week). That Belfry team would have matched up with Highlands a little better,especially physically, that Belfry team had defeated Ironton, OH that year who then went on to be Runner-ups in Division 4 in Ohio. But, I have no problem saying that Highlands would have beat them fairly handidly as well had they played, at least 3 TD's.

BUT, I think it is safe to say that SC played them closer than any other 3A team that year, save CovCath. Highlands went on the next week and beat the stuffings out of Owensboro in the Finals.

Off the subject a bit, but SK also gave them one heck of a game, and that season HHS beat Waggener in the finals.

I am looking foward to this trip. It's been a while since we have rented a bus and got the band back together. I am also looking forward to finally getting to see Johnson Central and watching a big time football game. I can't wait!!!!

Got room? :D