gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If HHS is smart they will pick apart JC's defense and pass ALOT. Last night, CCH had some wide open recievers who were either overthrown or just could not hold on to the ball. I don't see Highlands recievers having a problem. They also are a much faster team collectively then JC.

I'll go with HHS, by 3 TD's.

Welch picked up another interception tonight, how many does he need for the state record?

How fast is Collinsworth and the rest of the receivers? I hear HHS overall speed is awesome.

This will give you a little idea. It is from his soph year. He is now a year older, bigger, stronger and FASTER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGmjfGl_IU&feature=related

HHS is an outstanding team and JC will have to have the game of thier life to beat them. For some of you old HHS fans, Matney gave Lorenzon and Smith a scare while he was at Sheldon Clark. How does this team compare to that team?

I am a UK fan and I hope they are talking with Collinsworth. Anyone now who is looking at him?

I wouldn't call it a scare HHS was in control of that game from the start. The final score was 44-28. The only scare down there was a guy running around in a white tank top, camo pants, and had a greasy john deere hat with a 12/12 pitch on it. He didn't walk out with a win either.

I wouldn't call it a scare HHS was in control of that game from the start. The final score was 44-28. The only scare down there was a guy running around in a white tank top, camo pants, and had a greasy john deere hat with a 12/12 pitch on it. He didn't walk out with a win either.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

It did get ugly in the first half, but Sheldon Clark made it respectable in the second half. Really, the only thing I recall about that game was Lorenzen running around behind his o-line forever without being pressured in the least, then chucking bombs to Smith downfield for huge gains. If only the UK line had given him that kind of protection. But still, I think SC gave HHS more of a game that year than anybody else in the playoffs managed to?

I was not at the game, but what I was told that Sheldon Clark made the best run at a very good HHS team as anyone had. I loved watching Lorenzen and Smith as a UK fan! Matney has a way of getting the maximum performance out of his kids and putting them in a position to win. Tall order this week with all the talent HHS has, but don't count the Eagles out yet.

As I said earlier, we are just glad to be in a positon to be on the same field as HHS and competing for the regiional title!

Although I think Collinsworth is the best on the team, I feel like Buten is not far behind. He has many of the same attributes that Collinsworth has. Plus, they are both juniors.
Very true. I didn't mean to slight any of our fine receivers. Buten has made some beautiful plays too! :thumb:

And for those HHS fans that truly believe that we can't be beat by a one dimensional offense, I can point out specific games in our past (some in our recent past) where that has occurred.
I can agree and sum it up in just one word - "Rockcastle." :thumb:

This will give you a little idea. It is from his soph year. He is now a year older, bigger, stronger and FASTER.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGmjfGl_IU&feature=related

Nice video BF. That was the first time that I had saw that. The kid that Collinsworth chased down from the weak side in the Holmes game, James Miller, is now playing on Saturdays at Louisville.

Collinsworth will without a doubt be the best skill player on the field Friday night. The Welch kid may be in for a long night if he's on Austin all night.

Again, all of my comments are coming from seeing JC first hand.

I was not at the game, but what I was told that Sheldon Clark made the best run at a very good HHS team as anyone had.

Lots of positive spin put on this game post game and in the years since has given people the impression that it was a close call. It wasn't. Sheldon Clark was a great place to watch a game and a more than great host, but that game was never in doubt. Easily one of my favorite road trip games. I remember leaving the game listening to the post-game wrap on the local radio show and the guy was talking glowingly about the SC effort. (As he should have been, but maybe toned down slightly.) One of the guys in the car with me mentioned that there would be people down the road talking about how close this game was based on the post-game radio accounts. Again, it wasn't. That 98 team never had a post season challenge.

Holy cow. It's been ten years?!:eek:

So is Collinsworth the fastest Bluebird? Took a look at some of his highlights from last year.....pretty good athlete.:eek:

I'd say he's the fastest but there are other kids on the Bluebird roster who could be just as fast. Overall I think JC will be impressed with the TEAM speed that Highlands has. They have a few lineman who are faster than some skill position players at other schools.