Highlands vs. Johnson Central predictions

gamer31

Who wins?  

359 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

What kind of speed does JC have?

If either team comes out flat, they could be in for some trouble. I think that Highlands will be the favorite, but either team could win this one.

CovCath fans will be a better judge on that. They played Belfry in the rain. It appeared they hwd more team speed than Belfry, but the Pirates won the LOS.

Everyone this week was saying they didn't think JC had much speed based on what they saw on tape. Assuming they are slow will be a fatal flaw. They won't look like Bryan Station or Lou. Central, and won't be as fast as Highlands, but they are far from slow and their niche' has little to do with speed.

• Replies 627
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But they sure beat your team in a game that could have been alot worse in the semifinals.

HHS could of beat CovCath 80-0 earlier in the year when they played..If Johnson Central doesn't throw the ball they won't have a very good chance of upsetting the Birds...

No, it won't. One dimensional teams don't win regional finals at the 5A level. Highlands 35 - JC 14.

JC will have to play a perfect game to take this one. Highlands is a great team. The best game in the state. IMO #1 and #2 in 5A. It a shame they have to face each other so soon.

Colonel Fan, I read your post all last week about how one dimensional JC was. Looks like CC got a dose of one dimensional smash mouth tonight. Your team is out! I will say that Van Sant is a good a player as we have faced, great speed.

Will Chris Collinsworth be at the game? I would love to get his autograph!

I don't think so, the kids I talked with thought both teams were good, but in their opinion JC was the better team. Not one thing was negative about HHS.

After next week we won't have to take what Station has to say about it. We'll know.....and so will the rest of the state....The Birds are coming to Johnsonville show them!....:thumb:

HHS could of beat CovCath 80-0 earlier in the year when they played..If Johnson Central doesn't throw the ball they won't have a very good chance of upsetting the Birds...

I recall quite a few of your fellow fans stating this was not the same team they were early in the season. Were a much better team with Isler at QB. This game could have been worse for CCH as well. JC pulled up inside the 20 twice to attempt FG's. Once at the end of the half and one early in the 4th on a 1st down. We can all speculate on what woulda, coulda, and shoulda been.

I recall quite a few of your fellow fans stating this was not the same team they were early in the season. Were a much better team with Isler at QB. This game could have been worse for CCH as well. JC pulled up inside the 20 twice to attempt FG's. Once at the end of the half and one early in the 4th on a 1st down. We can all speculate on what woulda, coulda, and shoulda been.

I thing's for sure: BOTH Highlands and JC beat CCH handily this year.

Why in the world were they attempting a FG on a 1st down in the 4th quarter?