CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

• Blue Colonels of CovCath
    • Red Colonels of Dixie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dancingpaCov Cath wins it. The game against St. X was closer than the score says and they're ranked higher than Dixie or HHS.

They have more experience in a playoff situation than Dixie.

They final have their whole team back, I think even Punch may be back. It will be a close first half, then CCH will take over. This is a team that has a lot to prove. Buckley isn't the only kid on the team who played during the playoffs last year, he is the MVP so they have been here before. All the way to the trophy and the huge ring!

Don't waste your breath nees. I wouldn't expect Highlands fans to have any other expectation. Their team has been number one so long in their district that to most of them it's a given. But the fact remains that both CCH and HHS graduated big senior classes and were unproven. Dixie however returned a huge senior laden team of which most have been starting since they were sophmores.

That makes a lot of sense since I am an Eagle fan, don't waste your breathe though.

:sleep::sleep:Take a look at the teams Dixie has played compared to Cov Cath. Cov Cath has played against faster, stronger, and overall better teams then Dixie. You have to look deeper into just stats. Cov Cath strength of schedule will come into play in this game.Ill take Cov Cath 35-21

CovCath proved they could lose to excellent teams like Elder and LaSalle by 4TDs. If you want to say that gives an advantage to CovCath have at it, but I just don't see it.

Regardless of scheduling, I believe both teams have improved since their earlier meeting and I expect a very competitive game.

How much pressure and expectations are there on this senior class? This is the class everyone has been talking about since the Preston/Barlett/Wilkerson/et al class of 2005.

If CCH prevails and Dixie goes out in the first round, what will the reaction be?

How much pressure and expectations are there on this senior class? This is the class everyone has been talking about since the Preston/Barlett/Wilkerson/et al class of 2005.

If CCH prevails and Dixie goes out in the first round, what will the reaction be?

I guess that depends on how they loose. If it's in a blow out vs. a down to the wire. I would think the same would hold true for CCH. I do know one thing though, if you're a Blue Bird fan the last thing you want is for either team to win convincingly.:cool:

We don't care, frankly! We have to beat Scott first! THEN, we'll deal with whomever is left standing!

The fact that you are reading a prediction thread and are 83 post's in before your response appears tells a different story my friend.:cool::lol:

CovCath proved they could lose to excellent teams like Elder and LaSalle by 4TDs. If you want to say that gives an advantage to CovCath have at it, but I just don't see it.

Regardless of scheduling, I believe both teams have improved since their earlier meeting and I expect a very competitive game.

If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. CCH has played the best of the best. The #1 team in the state and #7 in the country by Max Preps, and it was 14-3 CCH at half, they fell apart in the second half though. They played Elder and didnt play very good, but held there own, if you saw the game. I would much rather be beaten by a great team than to blow out a joke team. Your record doesnt mean anything in the playoffs.

As a Cov. Cath fan, it is great to have Dixie, Holmes and Scott added to the district. Dixie and Holmes are natural rivals for Cov. Cath. The Red Colonels have an outstanding football tradition and always play us tough (or we always play them tough, depending on your perspective). While Holmes' basketball prowess is the primary basis for our rivalry, there is a definite carry over to football. Also, seeing Coach Wimzie and Dickie Beal at the game we recently played at Tom Ellis field was a reminder that the hardwood is just around the corner. And when the dust settles at Dixie this Friday the winner will in all liklihood get to suit up against Highlands seven days later. This should be fun. Best of luck to all.