Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels? 166 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

    • Blue Colonels of CovCath
      46%
    • Red Colonels of Dixie
      53%

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

Blue Colonels travel along the Dixie Highway to rumble with the Red Colonels behind the KFC and Taco Bell.

 

Both teams have shown stretches of greatness lately.

 

Can CovCath put enough points to beat Dixie?

 

Is Dixie peaking at the right time?

 

Who wins?

  • Replies 152
  • Views 9.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This looks to be one of the top (maybe the top???) first round game in the state Friday night. Just a few weeks ago this game would have seemed inconsequential with respect to the 5A championship, but boy, how things have changed!! Both teams have peaked right at the end of the season, and the winner of this game (I'd give each team about an equal chance of winning it) have the potential to really go FAR in the 5A playoffs. Yikes... the second round game with (most likely) Highlands will be a dandy as well!!! What a district!

Dixie was the better team in the begining of the year, and I believe that still to be true. Both teams are peaking at the right time, I just find it hard to believe that CovCath has made up 20+ points of ground on Dixie, even with the addition of Buckley.

Dixie has been playing well since the loss to Holmes, should be a close game but Red Colonels pull this one out.

 

Dixie 24

CCH 17

This is probally the best first round game... Ill take Dixie 31-24

I didn't see Buckley's name in the game summary for CovCath this week against X...dis they hold him out? If he doesn't play next week, Dixie wins...if he does play...Dixie wins in a nail-biter (kicking game!)

I'm going with Buckley's addition puts the Blue Colonels over the top for the win.

Of course I am picking CovCath and did so at the beginning of the year after I said they would lose to Dixie in the first game. CovCath did what I thought what they would do for the season and that was wind up at 4-6. I said they would beat NCC in a close game, and I was wrong, but they did beat an Ohio team that I thought they would lose to...... BTW not many teams in the Commonwealth would have done much better against the schedule they played this year....

 

This CovCath team is a totally different team with Buckley in there. Dixie will have to think run first, and if Isler is having a good night.....well bye bye Dixie. On Dixie part if they can complete the passes like ST. X did... well then bye bye CovCath...

 

Going to be the best 1st round playoff game in the entire state...Get there early or get left outside looking in.....

With Buckley back I'm going with the Blue Colonels by 6....

If CCH stops the pass, they win.

If CCH stops the pass, they win.
Story of the season to me. The secondary has to come ready to play and the line has to put pressure. Not sure CCH can stay with the same players in the secondary. Hope Coach Brossart thinks about putting Furnish back at safety-he is able to go both ways. Oh yeah while they are stopping the pass, they have to keep the run in check. Should be a great game and the best of the first round games.

Dixie, they are on a roll

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.