Everything posted by northernkysportfan
-
CovCath/Beechwood (01/09)
It is going to be a packed gym tonight. I would wear your beach clothing as the gym is going to be a sauna! I see this game being a very close one; I think a lot depends on Beechwood being able to contain Maile. If Maile can get 25, I think the Colonels win this easily. If Beechwood can contain him, I think the Tigers pull out the win. My gut feeling still says CCH wins. Cov Cath- 56 Beechwood- 49
-
Brossart 35 Covington Holy Cross 22
Wow! Did both teams run a stall or was it just amazing D with poor shooting?
-
1A: Hazard Bulldogs (11-3) vs. Beechwood Tigers (13-1) Predictions
Lets just hope the Hazard team makes it out of Hazard tomorrow morning. Unless there staying the night in Louisville. Heavy snow in Hazard tonight and supposed to last until 6am.
-
Saint Xavier vs Covington Catholic
St. X- 63 (about 49 in the first half) CCH- 7
-
Beechwood 2009 Team
That is very impressive to gain 10mph on your fastball in just a few months. Something tells me that radar gun needs to be checked.
-
Beechwood/CCH on FSN Thursday Night
And they could have been right last year if it weren't for a blown call at the end of the game. I think we all remember this.
-
Best Pitcher In NKY
Larrimore will easily be the ace of Beechwood next year and probably top 3 pitcher in NKY.
-
Saving pitching for the next game
I am pretty sure Elliott is the 1 with Hadden and Smith a toss up for 2 spot and Snyder rounding out the rotation. Either way, Snyder is not a starting pitcher. His stamina will not get him past the 4th inning.
-
Saving pitching for the next game
Myerhoff starting his #4 pitcher against a district winner and the hottest hitting team in NKY was a bit of a blunder I think. Throw the 2 or 3 out there, not the 4.
-
Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)
I thought the College of Charleston was in SC, and the University of Charleston was in WV. I may be wrong.
-
Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)
I strongly disagree. Beechwood's fielding was average at best. Elliott's error allowed 2 runs to come in. The pickle that they didnt capitalize on killed them. Pickett got picked off... If you are saying that coach M made a mistake of not starting Elliott, I don't see where your coming from. Boone scored the game winning run on Elliott. Cotton hit him, and 2 other walks. What do you want Myerhoff to do? The kids play the game and Myerhoff put them in a position to win, the kids didn't capitalize.
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights Predictions
Isler throws around 82-85mph and Nutini 77-80mph. I think Nutini has the better off speed stuff though.
-
Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)
The curveball on the last batter for strike 3 was one of the best I have seen. I have seen Hadden pitch before and he has always had a good curveball but that thing moved a ton! Unfortunantly Miller will remember his high school baseball career as the passed ball that ended the game but he needs to keep his head up. Did a great job with 2, maybe 3 hits. He is a great kid, you did great chris.
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights Predictions
Who is Cov Cath's "ace"? Isler or Nutini?
-
Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)
I am pretty sure (99%) that you may pitch the next day if you pitch 2 innings or less. I think 3-5 innings is 1 day rest.
-
Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights Predictions
Cov Cath does not have the pitching to over power dixie. Dixie doesnt have the pitching to over power Cov cath. I smell a high scoring baseball game. I think this game is simply decided by defensive performance. The team that makes the fewest errors and makes the plays they should, will win the game.
-
Boone Co. 9 Beechwood 8 (9th Reg. 1st Round)
I do not see why they had Elliott start the 7th inning. Hadden struck out 2 the inning before; going 1,2,3... I know the plan was for Hadden to start tomorrow against NCC but i dont see what an extra 15 pitches can do to an arm that only threw 10-15 pitches in the 6th inninng. I would have had Hadden start the 7th and brought Elliott in if he got in trouble.
-
9th Region Draw?
Beechwood will not throw Elliott against Boone, I can promise you that. 100% gaurantee. Beechwood is the better team and I wouldn't be suprised to see Snyder, Hadden, and Larimore split this game 2 or 3 innings a piece. If I'm Beechwood's coach Ii throw those 3 monday, Smith Tuesday, and have Hadden and Snyder in relief for Ellliott on Wed. But they have to get there first.
-
Holy Cross/Beechwood Predictions
Ill take Beechwood in this one. They are a better all-around team and with Elliott on the mound they shouldn't need many runs to win. I dont think Roenker will hold the tigers to 1 run like he did the last time. The tigers hitting that night was a fluke and they have been exposed to much better pitching and are ready for Roenker.
-
Beechwood 7 Bellevue 6
You do realize that Beechwood won, therefore i dont think that they would be making excuses for a win... Doesn't make sense with your sarcasm post, it would if Beechwood lost, but they didnt.
-
CovCath 11 NewCath 0
Oh you dont have the names? Thats not like you CCH24;) just kidding. It seems like NCC can beat "average" teams in the 9th but can't get the big win or even contend against the "top notch" teams.
-
Ryle 12 Simon Kenton 1
Campbell going farther than Ryle in the region? I disagree with that statement, if Campbell Co. doesn't win against Brossart i dont see them getting out of districts since they will play Brossart again or Scott 1st round.
-
Beechwood 7 Holy Cross 4
I think Beechwood can throw about 5 different pitchers out there against Holy Cross and still have a great chance to win. There pitching is deep and they definantly wont be without pitching come region if they get there.
-
Beechwood 7 Holy Cross 4
True, but I would take Elliott over Roenker any day of the week. Beechwood should have the advantage in the district game with Elliott on the mound.
-
Beechwood 6 Fern Creek 4 (LIT)
Corry??? Who is Corry?