Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights Predictions

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As mentioned in the DH/HHS thread Dixie has a tall order trying to match the pitching success Nichols gave them today. However, Dixie's bats are heating up at the right time and they are seeing the ball really well. They are getting the big (clutch) hits that are needed to win at this point in the season.

On the flip side, Cov Cath has a darn good lineup as well and will be tough to contain. Isler or Nutini are both starters who are going to keep you in the game and have a chance to just completely take control of the game. With that being said, CCH will have to play good defense (as they usually do I might add) because Dixie is putting a lot of balls in play recently.

All in all it should be a great game. I say Dixie 6-5.

As mentioned in the DH/HHS thread Dixie has a tall order trying to match the pitching success Nichols gave them today. However, Dixie's bats are heating up at the right time and they are seeing the ball really well. They are getting the big (clutch) hits that are needed to win at this point in the season.

On the flip side, Cov Cath has a darn good lineup as well and will be tough to contain. Isler or Nutini are both starters who are going to keep you in the game and have a chance to just completely take control of the game. With that being said, CCH will have to play good defense (as they usually do I might add) because Dixie is putting a lot of balls in play recently.

All in all it should be a great game. I say Dixie 6-5.

Hitters game : Cov Cath wins

Pitchers game : Cov Cath wins

Game with more than 4 errors on Cov Cath part ( which is totally possible )

Dixie wins.

Cov Cath has been hitting the ball all year including today. I would like to see Dixie win but without Nichols pitching No Chance !!!!!

Congrats to CCH for hitting the ball well all year. Dixie is a slow starting team every year who picks it up at the end which is good b/c it's not about what you do at the beginning of the season it's about what you do at the end and currently Dixie is hitting well.

And btw can you tell me how you define no chance? What do you predict the score to be? Please tell me what no chance means.

I will guess Dixie throws Smallwood. CCH should come out on top, but I am curious what pitcher they will throw. I think Dixie struggles against Isler, but not so much with Nutini and CCH will need to field the ball cleanly. Is this the game where CCH defensive lapses haunt?

I will guess Dixie throws Smallwood. CCH should come out on top, but I am curious what pitcher they will throw. I think Dixie struggles against Isler, but not so much with Nutini and CCH will need to field the ball cleanly. Is this the game where CCH defensive lapses haunt?

1. BINGO.

2. With the way Dixie is putting the ball in play CCH is going to have to make some plays so it is very possible the blue colonels could shoot themselves in the foot.

Congrats to CCH for hitting the ball well all year. Dixie is a slow starting team every year who picks it up at the end which is good b/c it's not about what you do at the beginning of the season it's about what you do at the end and currently Dixie is hitting well.

And btw can you tell me how you define no chance? What do you predict the score to be? Please tell me what no chance means.

It means that Cov Cath will win. I want Dixie to win but it's not going to happen.

Cov Cath does not have the pitching to over power dixie. Dixie doesnt have the pitching to over power Cov cath. I smell a high scoring baseball game. I think this game is simply decided by defensive performance. The team that makes the fewest errors and makes the plays they should, will win the game.

Cov Cath does not have the pitching to over power dixie. Dixie doesnt have the pitching to over power Cov cath. I smell a high scoring baseball game. I think this game is simply decided by defensive performance. The team that makes the fewest errors and makes the plays they should, will win the game.

I agree if Isler doesnt pitch.

Who is Cov Cath's "ace"? Isler or Nutini?

Isler throws smoke and Nutini is an extremely accomplished pitcher who only throws his fastball about 70-75mph. Nutini has been pitching a long time and has a variety of pitches that he mixes very well. He also keeps the ball down and rarely and I mean rarely makes a mistake.