Covington Catholic/Dixie Heights Predictions

Isler throws smoke and Nutini is an extremely accomplished pitcher who only throws his fastball about 70-75mph. Nutini has been pitching a long time and has a variety of pitches that he mixes very well. He also keeps the ball down and rarely and I mean rarely makes a mistake.

If I am not mistaken, I beleive Nutini throws closer to somewhere in the low 80's. 75 does not seem to do him justice.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isler throws around 82-85mph and Nutini 77-80mph. I think Nutini has the better off speed stuff though.

When Isler needs to, he can touch higher 80's somewhere close to 88 on a good day. Nutini, on the other hand, was consistently clocked at 82 last summer.

As mentioned in the DH/HHS thread Dixie has a tall order trying to match the pitching success Nichols gave them today. However, Dixie's bats are heating up at the right time and they are seeing the ball really well. They are getting the big (clutch) hits that are needed to win at this point in the season.

On the flip side, Cov Cath has a darn good lineup as well and will be tough to contain. Isler or Nutini are both starters who are going to keep you in the game and have a chance to just completely take control of the game. With that being said, CCH will have to play good defense (as they usually do I might add) because Dixie is putting a lot of balls in play recently.

All in all it should be a great game. I say Dixie 6-5.

I'd hope that they have been hitting the ball well lately, lets face it, their district is the least talented in the region:thumb:

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Without Nichols on the mound I really don't see Dixie pulling the upset in this one. CCH can't have the mental and physical errors they've been prone to at times this season though.

Isler throws around 82-85mph and Nutini 77-80mph. I think Nutini has the better off speed stuff though.

For the most part I would agree with the above. I have seen both of them throw this spring and I would say Nutini was throwing in the mid to high 70"s and Isler was at 80 and would get a few to the mid 80's when he wanted to let go. Isler is definitely not throwing as hard as last summer, but after seeing him this year he looks to be pitching this spring not just throwing.

When Isler needs to, he can touch higher 80's somewhere close to 88 on a good day. Nutini, on the other hand, was consistently clocked at 82 last summer.

Nutini is a very good pitcher.. but does not throw 80's.. He threw consistently upper 70's but never 80.