Beechwood 7 Holy Cross 4

True, but I would take Elliott over Roenker any day of the week. Beechwood should have the advantage in the district game with Elliott on the mound.

And I guess therein lies the decision for Myerhoff - throw Elliott against HC or throw #2 and save him for CCH. Trust me - Roenker is no slouch and will battle BHS very tough.

And I guess therein lies the decision for Myerhoff - throw Elliott against HC or throw #2 and save him for CCH. Trust me - Roenker is no slouch and will battle BHS very tough.

Well aware, that's who pitched last time they met, and BHS threw AJ Smith, they were very evenly matched.

Not much of a decision ,IMO.Lose to HC and the season is over ,lose CCH and you play in the regional .

I know this is all woulda ,shoulda ,coulda ,BUT...

BW was not playing a couple weeks ago when they lost to HC with Roenker ON THE MOUND .BW is playing much better now .Fielding and hitting is all coming around .It could change on a given night ,but the have a month to put it all together .As does HC !

I believe that Myerhoff will have trust in his pitching staff by throwing Hadden or Smith for HC and throwing Elliott verse CCH. But if I were Myerhoff, Cody would not start due to his pitch count rising and he will come in at the end of the game to seal the deal.

Roenker is a very good young pitcher, but also very hittable. From what I've seen when Roenker gets in the late innings, he just like everyone else. Two years from now though Roenker will be an absolute stud.

I don't know that I'd classify him as "very hittable." There's quite a few teams in NKY that have found him pretty tough to hit. But I do agree that he becomes more hittable late in the game and wonder if arm fatigue could be an issue. Possible overuse? He seems to be throwing an awful lot.