Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CovCath/Beechwood (01/09)

Who wins? 64 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • CovCath
      40%
      26
    • Beechwood
      59%
      38

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

I got Cov Cath by 10+ coming off a loss to Highlands. Who do you got?

  • Replies 118
  • Views 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell me who is playing for CCH and I'll be able to make a prediction.

 

If their guards get the dobbers down when they make a mistake and fail to get back on D like they did last night, ball game BW.

I am taking Beechwood. I think they force CovCath to play at a pace they are not comfortable with and pull out a 10 point win!

I am taking Beechwood. I think they force CovCath to play at a pace they are not comfortable with and pull out a 10 point win!

 

Give me more details on what you mean by pace?

Give me more details on what you mean by pace?

 

Beechwood wants to play uptempo and CovCath can't play fast this year.

Beechwood wants to play uptempo and CovCath can't play fast this year.

 

I will only "half" agree with you.

 

BW definitely wants to get the ball and go. Its their best weapon and they are well-schooled on it.

 

CCH can and should play fast on opponents' missed shots. It would make Ives better because he can penetrate well and finish or he can spot up. It would get Wellbrock involved more in a style that suits him well. It would allow Maile to get to the basket and FT line more often. Sorrell becomes more of a threat spotting up. Maschinot can use his speed. Lots of positives to me.

I will only "half" agree with you.

 

BW definitely wants to get the ball and go. Its their best weapon and they are well-schooled on it.

 

CCH can and should play fast on opponents' missed shots. It would make Ives better because he can penetrate well and finish or he can spot up. It would get Wellbrock involved more in a style that suits him well. It would allow Maile to get to the basket and FT line more often. Sorrell becomes more of a threat spotting up. Maschinot can use his speed. Lots of positives to me.

 

I have only seen CovCath twice this year and they haven't tried to force pace in either game. Not saying they can't but haven't seen them play fast for extended periods of time.

Should be a close one....CovCath pulls it out by 3.

IMO this could be the game that decides the 2 seed.

 

Covcath doesn't have the offensive weapons to play in a high scoring game which IMO this will end up being. Smith's height should cause problems for anyone down low that CCH has. I'd also give Romes/Beuttel the edge over any guard combination that Covcath has, RIGHT NOW. If this game were a little later in the year I'd probably go with the Colonels, but right now, I have to go with Beechwood in a close one since Covcath is dealing with so many players being ill and their status is unknown.

 

I think they get an 8 point win on their home floor.

 

Beechwood 64

Covcath 56

IMO this could be the game that decides the 2 seed.

 

Covcath doesn't have the offensive weapons to play in a high scoring game which IMO this will end up being. Smith's height should cause problems for anyone down low that CCH has. I'd also give Romes/Beuttel the edge over any guard combination that Covcath has, RIGHT NOW. If this game were a little later in the year I'd probably go with the Colonels, but right now, I have to go with Beechwood in a close one since Covcath is dealing with so many players being ill and their status is unknown.

 

I think they get an 8 point win on their home floor.

 

Beechwood 64

Covcath 56

 

I pretty much agree with you on all points except the big guy Smith. I don't think they'll have much problem with him. All Beechwood does it try to lob it over the head, and he is awkward with his body under the basket from what I've seen. I doubt he will be much of a factor. The guard aspect I agree with. I'm going to go with CovCath though, because neither team really impresses me, so I'll just go with my heart on this one.

I pretty much agree with you on all points except the big guy Smith. I don't think they'll have much problem with him. All Beechwood does it try to lob it over the head, and he is awkward with his body under the basket from what I've seen. I doubt he will be much of a factor.

 

Smith will be a problem. He's more athletic and taller than anyone CCH will throw at him. His defense is where he really will give the CCH bigs problems.

I'd be willing to bet that at some point in this game CovCath will, again, have at least three Soph's on the floor.

  • Author

This is a game that Shover playing makes a huge difference. The seeding part of it just adds fuel to the fire as well.

Beechwood by 6.

I pretty much agree with you on all points except the big guy Smith. I don't think they'll have much problem with him. All Beechwood does it try to lob it over the head, and he is awkward with his body under the basket from what I've seen. I doubt he will be much of a factor. The guard aspect I agree with. I'm going to go with CovCath though, because neither team really impresses me, so I'll just go with my heart on this one.

 

Offensively, Smith will not give the Covcath bigs any problems or be much of a factor, but defensively he will be a force down low and make things tough for anyone around the basket.

 

Smith will be a problem. He's more athletic and taller than anyone CCH will throw at him. His defense is where he really will give the CCH bigs problems.

 

:thumb:

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.