Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

scout

10 Post Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by scout

  1. Taking on water, yes. Sinking, no.
  2. Will it let you filter out certain announcers?
  3. Wow is right. Great game to listen to. I love to see Heppler and Conner step in at the end take care of business. Great job Colonels.
  4. Hayden wasn't in the box in the paper. Did he play?
  5. 35 - 8 CovCath Final. Great win by the Colonels. Beat Highlans!!!!!!!!!!
  6. Grant Guess is my hero.. What a great kid.
  7. But I do hope they try.......
  8. The worst I've heard was at a CovCath vs Holmes basketball game being played at Holmes. The crazies were chanting, "Walk Home Safely". I admit I chuckled, but I felt bad about it later.
  9. So can someone explain to me why the roughing the passer penalty against NC on Newports long TD pass was assessed on the ensuing kick off? That was not a dead ball foul, so should that not have been an accept or decline penalty. Gotta give credit to Newport. Those kids never gave up. Congrats to NC.
  10. So what are you looking for from TOG? An apology? Banishment? You made your point. Back to the game. Fantastic numbers by Mr. Grey. For Mr. Dressman's TD, was he under center, wild cat, or at RB?
  11. Someone needs to take UK#1's belt and shoe laces. Congrats Camels. It's good to see kids hang in there after how rough this season has been. Good life lessons for those young men.
  12. Glad I missed this one in person. I would'a stroked out. Two close games in a row. Tick, tick birdies.....
  13. Someone missed my point.....
  14. The fundamental difference between this year's team and last.
  15. In the end, yes good does prevail. I does, however, take it on the chin sometimes.
  16. CovCath Highlands. Its a classic struggle of good vs evil.
  17. If someone told you that CovCath held BCHS to less than 100 yds rushing and asked you to predict the score, would you have come up with this? Hats off the Boone County team, they are a very good football team.
  18. They also don't appear to have an idiot coach rule in Ohio. Number 99, a very large young man, was in obvious heat distress coming off the field at the half. He had to be assisted by two teammates. I guess he just wasn't tough. What a load of junk.
  19. by the score at half, yes. However, you are drawing a large conclusion. Does this mean that every team will ROLL them? No. I admit I am a homer, but I do know enough about football to know that, if it is coached correctly, this is not a disaster for CovCath. If Boone, or anyone else, sees it that way, woe be onto them. LaSalle is GOOD and CovCath made mistakes that are correctable.
  20. Hate to see that for him, the team and the Raider Nation. I don't use the 'deserve' often, but that kid deserved a senior year. Hang in there Travis.
  21. Okay, now for the game. LaSalle maybe having a down year, but they are still a big, fast, physical football team. Their LB, No. 37 owned the middle of the line. Before anyone jumps on the Colonels too much, I don't think the game was as bad for them as the score might indicate. To me it comes down to two things: 1) Tackling on Defense and 2) confidence on Offense. Last year CovCath had trouble getting kids in the right spot on Defense. The scheme was so complicated that lots of times runners were never touched. Today, at last week for that matter, kids were in place to meet the ball carrier. They simply didn't make tackles. That is fixable. On offense, they started moving the ball well, but then they had a few set backs and their chins dropped. This is still a farily young bunch and they need a game plan that can build on small successes till their confidence comes up. The fumble and the blocked punt crushed their confidence.
  22. It was 107 on the field and the decision to restart the game was out of everyone's hands. Their option was to wait til it gets cooler or call it. Didn't sound like anyone wanted to wait til 6:00 am tomorrow to play it. After what happened in L'ville a couple of years ago, no one is playing around with heat in the KHSAA. I saw a couple of kids who were in obvious heat distress. No. 99 for LaSalle was cooked.
  23. Great job Coach Connor and the Young Colonels.
  24. UK could use Towles tonight. Heck, he could be a starter next year.
  25. Fun game to watch. B'wood had numbers, size, and to a large extent speed. The better team won. I have to say NCC had about 18 or so kids and some never came out of the game. Very gutsy display. I have to say the future is bright for B'wood those kids will fit right into their system.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.