Everything posted by scout
-
Is this the year the Raider ship sinks?
Taking on water, yes. Sinking, no.
-
Covington Catholic 37 Campbell County 0
Will it let you filter out certain announcers?
-
Covington Catholic 81 Covington Holy Cross 74 (3 OT)
Wow is right. Great game to listen to. I love to see Heppler and Conner step in at the end take care of business. Great job Colonels.
-
Covington Catholic 80 Columbus East OH 41
Hayden wasn't in the box in the paper. Did he play?
-
Covington Catholic/Ashland Blazer Updates
35 - 8 CovCath Final. Great win by the Colonels. Beat Highlans!!!!!!!!!!
-
Covington Catholic/Ashland Blazer Updates
Grant Guess is my hero.. What a great kid.
-
Covington Catholic at Ashland Predictions
But I do hope they try.......
-
Colerain (OH) Coach Confronts St. Xavier (OH) Student Section
The worst I've heard was at a CovCath vs Holmes basketball game being played at Holmes. The crazies were chanting, "Walk Home Safely". I admit I chuckled, but I felt bad about it later.
-
Newport Catholic 56 Newport 14
So can someone explain to me why the roughing the passer penalty against NC on Newports long TD pass was assessed on the ensuing kick off? That was not a dead ball foul, so should that not have been an accept or decline penalty. Gotta give credit to Newport. Those kids never gave up. Congrats to NC.
-
Covington Catholic 56 Harrison County 7
So what are you looking for from TOG? An apology? Banishment? You made your point. Back to the game. Fantastic numbers by Mr. Grey. For Mr. Dressman's TD, was he under center, wild cat, or at RB?
-
Campbell County 6 Simon Kenton 0
Someone needs to take UK#1's belt and shoe laces. Congrats Camels. It's good to see kids hang in there after how rough this season has been. Good life lessons for those young men.
-
Highlands 42 Covington Catholic 37
Glad I missed this one in person. I would'a stroked out. Two close games in a row. Tick, tick birdies.....
-
What is NKY's biggest football rivalry?
Someone missed my point.....
- Covington Catholic 40 Beechwood 28
-
What is NKY's biggest football rivalry?
In the end, yes good does prevail. I does, however, take it on the chin sometimes.
-
What is NKY's biggest football rivalry?
CovCath Highlands. Its a classic struggle of good vs evil.
-
Covington Catholic 28 Boone County 20
If someone told you that CovCath held BCHS to less than 100 yds rushing and asked you to predict the score, would you have come up with this? Hats off the Boone County team, they are a very good football team.
-
LaSalle's Grippa Says "We're Tough"
They also don't appear to have an idiot coach rule in Ohio. Number 99, a very large young man, was in obvious heat distress coming off the field at the half. He had to be assisted by two teammates. I guess he just wasn't tough. What a load of junk.
-
LaSalle (OH) 41 Covington Catholic 10 (Called at halftime due to heat index)
by the score at half, yes. However, you are drawing a large conclusion. Does this mean that every team will ROLL them? No. I admit I am a homer, but I do know enough about football to know that, if it is coached correctly, this is not a disaster for CovCath. If Boone, or anyone else, sees it that way, woe be onto them. LaSalle is GOOD and CovCath made mistakes that are correctable.
-
Travis Elliott Season-Ending Injury
Hate to see that for him, the team and the Raider Nation. I don't use the 'deserve' often, but that kid deserved a senior year. Hang in there Travis.
-
LaSalle (OH) 41 Covington Catholic 10 (Called at halftime due to heat index)
Okay, now for the game. LaSalle maybe having a down year, but they are still a big, fast, physical football team. Their LB, No. 37 owned the middle of the line. Before anyone jumps on the Colonels too much, I don't think the game was as bad for them as the score might indicate. To me it comes down to two things: 1) Tackling on Defense and 2) confidence on Offense. Last year CovCath had trouble getting kids in the right spot on Defense. The scheme was so complicated that lots of times runners were never touched. Today, at last week for that matter, kids were in place to meet the ball carrier. They simply didn't make tackles. That is fixable. On offense, they started moving the ball well, but then they had a few set backs and their chins dropped. This is still a farily young bunch and they need a game plan that can build on small successes till their confidence comes up. The fumble and the blocked punt crushed their confidence.
-
LaSalle (OH) 41 Covington Catholic 10 (Called at halftime due to heat index)
It was 107 on the field and the decision to restart the game was out of everyone's hands. Their option was to wait til it gets cooler or call it. Didn't sound like anyone wanted to wait til 6:00 am tomorrow to play it. After what happened in L'ville a couple of years ago, no one is playing around with heat in the KHSAA. I saw a couple of kids who were in obvious heat distress. No. 99 for LaSalle was cooked.
-
Covington Catholic 33 Cooper 6 (Frosh)
Great job Coach Connor and the Young Colonels.
-
Highlands 61 Dixie 13
UK could use Towles tonight. Heck, he could be a starter next year.
-
Beechwood 27 Newport Central Catholic 14 (Frosh)
Fun game to watch. B'wood had numbers, size, and to a large extent speed. The better team won. I have to say NCC had about 18 or so kids and some never came out of the game. Very gutsy display. I have to say the future is bright for B'wood those kids will fit right into their system.