CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

• Blue Colonels of CovCath
    • Red Colonels of Dixie

Let's keep in mind that the first time these two met, CovCath only had success moving the ball through the air, and Dixie now has two new corners, and is playing much better defensively. Aside from the fact that Dixie scored 44 points, and kicked three field goals, which if they had made it in the endzone each time, it would have been an even bigger blowout.

I say Dixie wins 41-14.

But that was without Buckley playing! I think alot of non-CovCath fans forget that Buckley was the MVP in the 3A State Championship game last year. Having him back makes CovCath a totally different and much better team.

I will agree with some others, Furnish needs to go both ways against Dixie.....With his experience in the backfield it makes CovCath a much better "D".

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BB is not the only change from the first meeting. I believe Furnish had only one carry in the first game, so basically CovCath has 2 huge upgrades at RB since then. Dixie will not be able to stop the blue Colonels improved offense. CovCath D will hold Dixie in check if D co-ordinator can "get his head out of his arsenal" and keep his best 11 on the field (including Furnish).

CCH 28

Dix 21

I guess what is weighing in to my decision is the fact that the first time around was that it was only the third game for the team with a new coach and new QB. Also, they were missing VanSant and Buckley which makes a HUGE difference for CCH...

As much as I would like to give this line of reasoning credence, I think that drawing conclusions from these two teams first meetings are meaningless. Both squads have improved, but the difference IMO is that Dixie is finally playing like most of us knew they could from day one. With that said, I think that it would be a fair statement to say that prior to the first snap of the season most HHS and CCH supporters were saying that Dixie was the team to beat this year in our district. Now I realize that results from the regular season will change most people's opinions and rightly so, but Dixie and CCH are EXACTLY where I said they would be. The Blue Colonels may be planing on riding on the back of BB but we have MM, and he ain't too shabby either.

Bottom line.... Dixie will win the rematch, though not by as much.

Red Colonels by 10. :ylsuper:

Should be one of the best first round matchups in the state. Both teams probably playing better than they were for the first game, and CCH has some kids back; but I still think Dixie will squeak this one out in a very close, but not as high scoring game-----31-28.

Based on what most of the CCH supporters are saying, I guess Dixie should just stay at home, and not even show up, because of all these new "weapons" that CovCath has. I will agree that CovCath has improved, but I still like Dixie in this one.

Think about all those sad blue faces Friday night when they watch their beloved Blue Colonels lose to Dixie for the SECOND time in one season.

Based on what most of the CCH supporters are saying, I guess Dixie should just stay at home, and not even show up, because of all these new "weapons" that CovCath has. I will agree that CovCath has improved, but I still like Dixie in this one.

Think about all those sad blue faces Friday night when they watch their beloved Blue Colonels lose to Dixie for the SECOND time in one season.

So are the Dixie fans. And the Red Colonels are winning the poll.

As much as I would like to give this line of reasoning credence, I think that drawing conclusions from these two teams first meetings are meaningless. Both squads have improved, but the difference IMO is that Dixie is finally playing like most of us knew they could from day one. With that said, I think that it would be a fair statement to say that prior to the first snap of the season most HHS and CCH supporters were saying that Dixie was the team to beat this year in our district. Now I realize that results from the regular season will change most people's opinions and rightly so, but Dixie and CCH are EXACTLY where I said they would be. The Blue Colonels may be planing on riding on the back of BB but we have MM, and he ain't too shabby either.

Bottom line.... Dixie will win the rematch, though not by as much.

Red Colonels by 10. :ylsuper:

Wrong anyone with common sense had Highlands winning the district, with Dixie finishing second, even most Dixie supporters said that.