CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

• Blue Colonels of CovCath
    • Red Colonels of Dixie

..................1....2 3 4.....F

Highlands......14 3 27 0 44

Dixie Heights 7 0 0 7....14

Like I said, I couldn't tell. But if it were close, or I was worried, I would not have cared if i was sitting in a pile of DUNG! I never remember being worried at Dixie. I was very worried, however at Cov Cath that Saturday afternoon. Neither worried me as much as Louisville Central did. They are an Amazing 3A team.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where in the universe is Cov Cath ranked higher at 4-6 than a 10-0 Highlands. If that is true, then Highlands should just wrap it up for the winter.... Please review your information and provide some documentation on this.:creepy:

This is a CovCath-Dixie thread. There are plenty of other Bluebird threads, no need to thread-jack.

I guess Dixie shouldn't even show up. This is a very intimidating CovCath team, based on the fact that Dixie waxed them the first time they played, and the very impressive 4-6 record.

I know both teams are much improved, but I think CCH has too much ground to make up to win this one.

If Dixie played the schedule like CCH they would finish 4-6 MAYBE. So record means absolutely nothing. Also you cannot base what happened the first game to be the end result of this one. CCH didnt have 2 of the 5 returning starters from last years State Championship team playing, including the MVP. Also, what ground does CCH have to make up???? That doesnt even make sense!?!?!

....................1..2 3 4...F

Highlands......14 3 27 0 44

Dixie Heights...7..0 0 7..14

Oh now I remember, they should have been up except for a few bone head blunders. How could I forget? Regrettably the pain of that evening is coming back to me in vivid fashion. We gave the game away that night as much as HHS won it and most honest HHS fans would admit it. I was confused and thinking of the Beechwood game that we blew also. Luckily though our teams seems to have put those less than appealing times behind us.

Sorry about the mis post, I promise I'll try and do better next week.

Sticky would never miss a Highlands game.:D

He has his priorities straight.

Good game or not he can catch the updates on the News like the rest of us.:jump:

Truth is, Sticky can't find his way out of Ft. Thomas! Unless somebody else is driving of course.

As for the game, while a lot has been made about Bucky returning I don't really think that will be a determining factor if CovCath wins. CovCath can only win if their O line and defensive secondary have dramatically improved. Bucky is a very good back but without better O line play it won't be near enough. And with Dixie's improved ability (or willingness:D) to run the ball, it will put even more pressure on CovCath's secondary which wasn't the stoutest to begin with. If CovCath's O line has improved considerably and Bucky can grind it out and keep Dixie's high powered O off the field and CovCath's pass defense can at least slow them down, then CovCath can win. If those things don't happen, then Dixie wins again and maybe big.

As for the game, while a lot has been made about Bucky returning I don't really think that will be a determining factor if CovCath wins. CovCath can only win if their O line and defensive secondary have dramatically improved. Bucky is a very good back but without better O line play it won't be near enough. And with Dixie's improved ability (or willingness:D) to run the ball, it will put even more pressure on CovCath's secondary which wasn't the stoutest to begin with. If CovCath's O line has improved considerably and Bucky can grind it out and keep Dixie's high powered O off the field and CovCath's pass defense can at least slow them down, then CovCath can win. If those things don't happen, then Dixie wins again and maybe big.

:D Bucky is one heckuva a back, but I wouldn't be surprised to see senior Brent Buckley get the majority of the carries against Dixie. :sssh::D

If Dixie played the schedule like CCH they would finish 4-6 MAYBE. So record means absolutely nothing. Also you cannot base what happened the first game to be the end result of this one. CCH didnt have 2 of the 5 returning starters from last years State Championship team playing, including the MVP. Also, what ground does CCH have to make up???? That doesnt even make sense!?!?!

Dixie beat CCH in their first meeting 44-28, which means that CCH would have to make up 16 points to beat Dixie.

As far as records go, I can see your point that CCH played a rather tough schedule, so let's look at the head-to-head matchup, which Dixie won rather comfortably. So I can see why you think CCH will have such an easy time with Dixie.:rolleyes: