CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

• Blue Colonels of CovCath
    • Red Colonels of Dixie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that you are reading a prediction thread and are 83 post's in before your response appears tells a different story my friend.:cool::lol:

Sorry to "intrude" on your thread...not much to comment on the HHS-Scott thread.

If you want to be the best, you have to play the best. CCH has played the best of the best. The #1 team in the state and #7 in the country by Max Preps, and it was 14-3 CCH at half, they fell apart in the second half though. They played Elder and didnt play very good, but held there own, if you saw the game. I would much rather be beaten by a great team than to blow out a joke team. Your record doesnt mean anything in the playoffs.

I guess Dixie shouldn't even show up. This is a very intimidating CovCath team, based on the fact that Dixie waxed them the first time they played, and the very impressive 4-6 record.

I know both teams are much improved, but I think CCH has too much ground to make up to win this one.

I guess Dixie shouldn't even show up. This is a very intimidating CovCath team, based on the fact that Dixie waxed them the first time they played, and the very impressive 4-6 record.

I know both teams are much improved, but I think CCH has too much ground to make up to win this one.

Nobody from CovCath is saying Dixie shouldn't show up. In fact, most are predicting a tight game that could go either way. I'm looking forward to finding out Friday night.

[nb]If you want to be the best, you have to play the best.[/b] CCH has played the best of the best. The #1 team in the state and #7 in the country by Max Preps, and it was 14-3 CCH at half, they fell apart in the second half though. They played Elder and didnt play very good, but held there own, if you saw the game. I would much rather be beaten by a great team than to blow out a joke team. Your record doesnt mean anything in the playoffs.

I believe the saying goes "If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best."

:dancingpaCov Cath wins it. The game against St. X was closer than the score says and they're ranked higher than Dixie or HHS.

They have more experience in a playoff situation than Dixie.

They final have their whole team back, I think even Punch may be back. It will be a close first half, then CCH will take over. This is a team that has a lot to prove. Buckley isn't the only kid on the team who played during the playoffs last year, he is the MVP so they have been here before. All the way to the trophy and the huge ring!

Where in the universe is Cov Cath ranked higher at 4-6 than a 10-0 Highlands. If that is true, then Highlands should just wrap it up for the winter.... Please review your information and provide some documentation on this.:creepy:

Where in the universe is Cov Cath ranked higher at 4-6 than a 10-0 Highlands. If that is true, then Highlands should just wrap it up for the winter.... Please review your information and provide some documentation on this.:creepy:

He's talking about St. X.

He's talking about St. X.

OK. It wasn't clear. The thing is, we don't know how much better if any that Louisville St. X is than HHS b/c they didn't play. I know that I would have loved to see Highlands play either or even both of the X's on both sides of the river. Just not in the cards, but an undefeated season would be pretty cool too. Remember this Dixie believers, Cov Cath gave Highlands all they wanted and more in a game that was much closer than the score showed.

OK. It wasn't clear. The thing is, we don't know how much better if any that Louisville St. X is than HHS b/c they didn't play. I know that I would have loved to see Highlands play either or even both of the X's on both sides of the river. Just not in the cards, but an undefeated season would be pretty cool too. Remember this Dixie believers, Cov Cath gave Highlands all they wanted and more in a game that was much closer than the score showed.

Your memory seems a little short too, wasn't Dixie up on HHS at the half in the first meeting?

Your memory seems a little short too, wasn't Dixie up on HHS at the half in the first meeting?

I couldn't tell, I guess since the wheels came off in the second half it didn't matter. Or maybe it was the awfully uncomfortable visitor bleachers that I was cramming my 6'2" 230lb frame into trying to get comfy. I wish my legs were as short as my memory, those seats would have been a little more comfy. Guess we'll just have to take over part of the Home stands next time we play there.

Here's the thing Sandy,

Whomever may pull off the W in this mammoth battle, they will probably do so at some cost. With these two teams jacked up so much to rematch, you know they are going to bang on each other for 48 minutes and it may go to the end. Whichever team wins, must rest all/any injuries sustained to get ready for Highlands/Scott next week. OK that last statement was insanely idiotic. I just meant get ready for Highlands next week. Had to give Scott some props.