CovCath at Dixie: Predictions

Who wins the battle of the Colonels?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins the battle of the Colonels?

• Blue Colonels of CovCath
    • Red Colonels of Dixie

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm taking the Red Colonels in this one. CC's newest addition has not really had a breakout night since getting back in the lineup and I do not see it happening against Dixie.

Does BB need a breakout night? Instead of one weapon as was CCH's offense in the first game, you now have two studs in the backfield and an effective passing game. Control the clock. Keep the high-flying Dettmer off the field as much as possible.

Does BB need a breakout night? Instead of one weapon as was CCH's offense in the first game, you now have two studs in the backfield and an effective passing game. Control the clock. Keep the high-flying Dettmer off the field as much as possible.

You are right on!!!

Dixie plays a ground control clock game now too, and also has two studs in the back field. Come to think of it, these teams mirror each other skill wise very nicely, with Bricking garnering a slight edge in the QB spot IMO. Each teams defensive secondaries have issues as well so it should be interesting to say the least. This one is going to be fun to watch. Either way it goes the winner should be fully prepped to take on Highlands the following week.

I like CCH in this one. Both teams are looking great, and with the combination of Furnish and Buckley CCH will be hard to stop. I think that Coach B needs to put Furnish back at safety, if he does that then their defense should be fine in the run and the pass. Both teams play hard and fast so be ready for a great game, and get there early.

Let's keep in mind that the first time these two met, CovCath only had success moving the ball through the air, and Dixie now has two new corners, and is playing much better defensively. Aside from the fact that Dixie scored 44 points, and kicked three field goals, which if they had made it in the endzone each time, it would have been an even bigger blowout.

I say Dixie wins 41-14.