Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Flotsam

Former Member
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Flotsam

  1. It's been a while since I have been on the site but I saw the score on twitter and thought I would visit. The last time I went to David Cecil Memorial the Birds were up on the Colonels 55-0 at half. If Coach Mueller hadn't let off the gas, Highlands could have scored 100. You will not find a group anywhere in the state who respect Highlands football more than Cov. Cath. fans. After 2006 it was a pretty lean decade. I no longer follow high school football close enough to offer an opinion on when the pendulum will swing back. It is, however, with the greatest amount of confidence that I offer the opinion that it will. Congratulations to the Colonels for a job well done.
  2. Well... there is an Ark under construction reasonably close by, just in case.
  3. I was going to hit the "like" button because I agree with MTGL's observation. I passed. If there were an "agree, but don't like that this is so" button, I would have clicked it. I am pulling for crazy weather. High winds, snow, maybe some locusts.
  4. Brian is a great young man from a great family. Prayers for a speedy and complete recovery.
  5. I would be less concerned with the light in the sky originating in the Andromeda Galaxy than Pyongyang.
  6. :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
  7. I would love to see the Colonels come out on top, but given the streak, it is hard to pick against the Bluebirds.
  8. The earth regains its proper axis.
  9. If the game were @ Dixie I might be tempted to pick the Colonels. But, going to Gotham City is always a tough task. My crystal ball reads Highlands by a comfortable margin.
  10. UK#1 fan has left the building.
  11. Great. :dancingpa Here's hoping you don't foul out of the game before next Friday at this time. :thumb::thumb:
  12. Feel free to insert anything in place of the dots. Yes is the answer to the question.
  13. Just tuned in to AM 1530 in N KY to listen to Sedano on ESPN and picked up Highlands vs. Cooper. Listened to 5 minutes....calling a Bluebird comeback for the W.
  14. A sentiment not shared by all...(Anybody who drives the Highlands fans as crazy as uk#1 fan does, can't be all bad. )
  15. Nobody can incite a riot better than UK#1fan. :ylsuper: :ylsuper:
  16. Finch was raised in an English orphanage in Tibet.
  17. I bumped into Scott a month or so at FirstWatch in Covington. Introduced myself and commented on what a great job I think he is doing, on and off the court. Coach could not have been nicer. You would have thought I was one of his players. Very personable and gracious. Cov. Cath. has been blessed to have a great run of coaches over the last several decades.
  18. I use google chrome. It only cost about $35.00 and plugs in to the back of the TV.
  19. The Poweleit pictured above is Dr. Alvin C. After graduating from Newport High he went UK for 1 year and then to UC. He then attended the Univ. of Louisville Medical School. Dr. Poweleit enlisted in the army reserves and was called up in 1940. He was assigned as a medical officer in a tank battalion and was shipped to the Philippines. His unit arrived in Manila Bay on Thanksgiving Day 1941. Dr. Poweleit survived the Bataan Death March and provided eye care to northern Kentuckians for decades, whether they could afford to pay him or not. A truly great man.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.