Jerry Narron Fired

I almost was in Cincinnati this weekend, should have dropped off my resume.

I guess I've always been of the opinion, been trained and brought up to believe, professional athletes hold themselves accountable, for their actions both on and off the field. Until a true leader emerges, within the clubhouse and on the field, I see no change.

Kids play with passion, to be professionals some day and professionals, act like kids, when given the chance.

I totally agree. In fact, last week me and a young man got into a discussion about pro baseball. His exact words were, "Why would anybody want to be paid to play baseball. It's a privelage. I just love to play the game."

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hargrove's team is well above 500, on a 7 game winning streak and he still hung up the cleats. No way the human rain delay comes out of retirement any time soon and if he did why would you take a flyer on him, he quit when things were going well for his team.

There's more going on with Hargrove than being told. I'd love to see him in Cicny after all is worked out with him.

JMO, but I seriously doubt that happens....

It really wouldn't surprise me if he was manager for the rest of the year. He's a Krivsky guy. If they were going interim route until the break, you would think it'd be Hatcher or Dent.

As GT said as I'm sure many others have said. NOW the team will play really well the rest of the year, this guy will be signed to a 2 year contract and the Reds will play like crap again to start next year.

BUT at least getting rid of Narron is a decent start, now they need to make the right decision in the off season and get a REAL manager.

Marty was talking to Hal from the Dayton Daily News Saturday night on the air and they were discussing about how one of the front office guys (???) from the Cardinals close to Castalleni going to be available at the end of the year and it would be interesting to see if he would come here. They were also discussing that Tony LaRussa's contract is also up at the end of the year and he probably wouldn't be staying in St Louis...

Marty was talking to Hal from the Dayton Daily News Saturday night on the air and they were discussing about how one of the front office guys (???) from the Cardinals close to Castalleni going to be available at the end of the year and it would be interesting to see if he would come here. They were also discussing that Tony LaRussa's contract is also up at the end of the year and he probably wouldn't be staying in St Louis...
They were talking about Walt Jocketty.

How great would a Marty/LaRussa pairing be! Think Marty would call refer to him as Abner Doubleday?