Jerry Narron Fired

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I knew that this was coming, just thought that they would wait untill the all star break or at the season's end.

Any word on the full time replacement??

Mike Hargrove just resigned from the M's, hmmm :sssh: , he imo would be a good one as would B. Hatcher. I don't think that we can get Girardi.

I knew that this was coming, just thought that they would wait untill the all star break or at the season's end.

Any word on the full time replacement??

Mike Hargrove just resigned from the M's, hmmm :sssh: , he imo would be a good one as would B. Hatcher. I don't think that we can get Girardi.

I think Girardi may take the job if offered.....I think he wants the Cubs job, but they seem to have turned it around, so Sweet Lou isn't going anywhere IMO.

I think Girardi may take the job if offered.....I think he wants the Cubs job, but they seem to have turned it around, so Sweet Lou isn't going anywhere IMO.

Although I think that Girardi would be interested in the Cubs I still believe that he is waiting on "the Boss" to give Torre the boot. Although I kind of feel that Donnie baseball (Mattingly) woud be a strong cantidate along with maybe Willie Randolph for the Yankee job if it came open.

It was long overdue but it will not make any difference. More changes are needed beginning with the roster.

:thumb: :thumb: Absolutely! and with the farm system, scouting and player development to name a few more. Narron was a problem but we all know (or should) that it goes way deeper than that and imo nothing is going to change anytime soon.

Let's bombard the front office with phone calls and tell them Strike3 knows what your organization needs, starting pitching. Makes sense to me.:D
I almost was in Cincinnati this weekend, should have dropped off my resume.

I guess I've always been of the opinion, been trained and brought up to believe, professional athletes hold themselves accountable, for their actions both on and off the field. Until a true leader emerges, within the clubhouse and on the field, I see no change.

Kids play with passion, to be professionals some day and professionals, act like kids, when given the chance.

Hargrove retired today because he's not having fun anyore, or is just burned out. Girardi is waiting for Torre to get canned. Or Pinella, which isn't happening.

Hargrove's team is well above 500, on a 7 game winning streak and he still hung up the cleats. No way the human rain delay comes out of retirement any time soon and if he did why would you take a flyer on him, he quit when things were going well for his team.