Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead in Home

Hangman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Benoit was a great man. Nothing can fully justify his actions at the end of his life, but bear in mind that we do not know all the details yet as to exactly what happened. I think calling him a PSYCHO and expressing a desire to see him burn in hell is a little strong. Yesterday you saw many accounts of his kindness and generosity to those around him, and details of how much he loved his kids. IMO Chris Benoit would never in his right mind have done these things.

Chris Benoit was a great man. Nothing can fully justify his actions at the end of his life, but bear in mind that we do not know all the details yet as to exactly what happened. I think calling him a PSYCHO and expressing a desire to see him burn in hell is a little strong. Yesterday you saw many accounts of his kindness and generosity to those around him, and details of how much he loved his kids. IMO Chris Benoit would never in his right mind have done these things.

I call a spade a spade..... I agree with your last statement because nobody in their right mind kills their wife and kid.

Probably got into a dispute with his wife, so he wound up choking her to death, then realized his life would be over and didnt want his son to live that life so he ended the childs life and probably spent 2 days working up the guts to take his own life.

I honestly never like him as a wrestler or his tv personality. This it terrible news to say the least.

As for the wrestling business (I was a huge fan for about 20 years, until about 6 years ago, when I lost interest in it), consider the lifestyle:

On the road 4-5 days a week, even more in some cases.

Holidays away from home.

Portraying violence is their job.

Villians (heels) are often rewarded with higher pay due to fan reaction.

Injuries and pain have to be dealt with daily.

Changing story lines mean that you are a star one week and a regualr joe the next.

A 6 ft. tall, 160 lb. man is not considered to be the biggest, baddest man in sport, so steroids and HGH taken to transform themselves into 260 lb. of muscle.

I'm not making excuses for Benoit, but only pointing out that these guys are bombs waiting to explode.

The dude CHOKES his wife to death, then SMOTHERS his own child. That doesn't sound like the definition of a GREAT MAN to me. And of course none of those wrestlers or administrators were going to come onto a tv show and say "I didn't like the guy, he was crazy, I thought he was a psycho..."

The dude CHOKES his wife to death, then SMOTHERS his own child. That doesn't sound like the definition of a GREAT MAN to me. And of course none of those wrestlers or administrators were going to come onto a tv show and say "I didn't like the guy, he was crazy, I thought he was a psycho..."

As they all said, Benoit kept to himself. Only three of the wrestlers that talked last night seemed to know him on a personal level. Even those 3 didn't seem to know him that well.

Sometimes we don't know people at all. They seem great on the outside, but are different on the inside. Benoit may have been one of these guys. Or steriods drove him to the brink and he went over. The man had a passion for wrestling and his family. That was said by all. And you could tell it if you ever watched any of the shows. Drugs do bad things to good people. How could someone kill their own child? I couldn't imagine such a henious act. And it looks like steriods could be part of this tragedy. May God bless the surviving family members.