Chris Benoit and Family Found Dead in Home

Hangman

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Benoit was a great man. Nothing can fully justify his actions at the end of his life, but bear in mind that we do not know all the details yet as to exactly what happened. I think calling him a PSYCHO and expressing a desire to see him burn in hell is a little strong. Yesterday you saw many accounts of his kindness and generosity to those around him, and details of how much he loved his kids. IMO Chris Benoit would never in his right mind have done these things.

An honest question. What did he do in life to merit this description?

And of course none of those wrestlers or administrators were going to come onto a tv show and say "I didn't like the guy, he was crazy, I thought he was a psycho..."

Far easier to hide behind a name on the internet and condemn him to Hell.

Don't get me wrong. I in no way condone the reprehensible actions which he chose to leave this life. I was talking with a friend just yesterday, before any of this, and I mentioned that I could never understand how you could be so unbalanced that you would kill someone you supposedly loved or were such a fan of (we were talking about John Lennon and the crazed fan that killed him). But it does happen for whatever reason. From the sounds of things he was hopped up on 'roids and lost his mind. He'll deal with the consequences of that, whatever they may be. But I had never heard anything before, on TV or off, that indicated that he did not love his wife and kids. Or that he would ever do anything like this in his right mind, as I said in my previous post.

Far easier to hide behind a name on the internet and condemn him to Hell.

Don't get me wrong. I in no way condone the reprehensible actions which he chose to leave this life. I was talking with a friend just yesterday, before any of this, and I mentioned that I could never understand how you could be so unbalanced that you would kill someone you supposedly loved or were such a fan of (we were talking about John Lennon and the crazed fan that killed him). But it does happen for whatever reason. From the sounds of things he was hopped up on 'roids and lost his mind. He'll deal with the consequences of that, whatever they may be. But I had never heard anything before, on TV or off, that indicated that he did not love his wife and kids. Or that he would ever do anything like this in his right mind, as I said in my previous post.

I don't disagree with what you are saying except to say that if he was in a roid rage when he did this then it is still on him. He took roids knowing what the effects would be.

A few new reports are out that provide these details-

# Nancy Benoit was strangled to death on Friday. Detectives discovered her with her feet and wrists bound, her body wrapped in a towel and a bible by her side. The body was discovered in an office area of the home.

# Police believe Daniel was smothered the next day in his bed. There were no signs of a struggle. A bible was also placed next to his body.

# Chris hung himself in the gym area of the house using a cord from gym equipment. Police think he did it either late Saturday or on Sunday.

# There was no suicide note and police are trying to figure out a motive.

# Legal prescription drugs were found in the house. One of the prescribed drugs found were steroids.

# Toxicology reports will take two weeks.

# In 2003, Nancy had filed for divorce and requested an issue of protection from Chris. A few months later, she filed to have the papers dismissed.

Really sad situation. Read that Benoit is the 38th pro wrestler under 40yrs. to die since 1985.

I think all that he achieved in his career, his life dream, all his hard work and and his legacy will go down as nothing. When the name of Chris Benoit is mentioned all that will be remembered is this tragedy. Such a talented individual who as HOMELESS CAMEL said seemingly had it all is basically now just a waisted life. If only he could have sat down and thought about this. I wonder if it was planned or if it was just a sudden action. Whatever the case, someone who performs as a professional had to have something set him off. I have no clue how he didn't seriously injure someone in the ring with his mind state. He had to have had some sort of serious mental illness. Had to.

Sad news, sorry to have just now logged on. I wanted to post this WAY earlier but my internet was tore up.

Anyway, Benoit is/was my 2nd favorite wrestler EVER behind Bret Hart, so this was a crappy experience for me. With the training camp that I run, I teach the students to mold their work ethic after Benoit and to have the intensity that he did. I told them to perform the same in front of 2 as you would 200, because those two will remember you forever.

I hate this for the guy because this will tarnish his legacy. He will DEF. be in the Hall of Fame though because he is MILES ahead of Eddie Guerrero before he died.

WWE needs to help these guys out in some way because as someone reported earlier, many of these guys are not living to be 40.